metal slug xbox!!!

northernsoul

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Now i'm no pussy gamer but is it me or does anyone else find the continue system on this game a little bit extreme, takes all the fun out of it!!!!!

I have to agree with you. I think it would have been better if it was locked at five credits, but you can continue right where you die. At least its more fun than having unlimited credits.

northernsoul

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
i mean starting from the beginning everytime i died got boring very quick, its not that i wanted unlimited credits, but i did feel i deserved to start from where i died for all my hard work.

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
Yep.

Feels like Sega Master System days all over again. Seriously, when was the last time a game made you continue at the beginning of a level, on a modern system? Versus continuing at the point at which you last played?

On the bright side, Metal Slug 3 is true to the old school way of doing things.

I thought the same thing at first. I own the MVS version and the infinite credits thing was great and all but, it kind of watered down the experience. I picked up Slug 3 for the X-box the day it came out and played it for about a week straight and have finally been able to beat the game 2 credits on normal. I realized that this is how the game is supposed to be played. I'm a huge fan of shmups and this game has a great bullet dodging system but only really notice this when i'm trying hard not to die. Where my own MVS copy always spoils me and friends when we play.

I'm new here by the way. Own a 6 slot MVS machine with KOF 03, 02, 98 Last Blade 2, Slug 3, and Mark of the Wolves.

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Welcome Mike.

Yeah sorry northernsoul that you can't beat your game without trying.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Neo Geo Mike said:
I'm new here by the way. Own a 6 slot MVS machine with KOF 03, 02, 98 Last Blade 2, Slug 3, and Mark of the Wolves.

! Where in FL?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
DashK said:
why? you won't show up anyway, pussy

Hah dude, I was busy but whatever, let me know in advance when you're planning to go, not once I already have plans, but hey.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
I just play the game for high scores. If I die on the first level at all, start over. Once I lose 3 lives, if my score is high, I let the timer go down so it'll save my score. If it sucks, start over.

Perhaps at some point I'll sure the alternating controllers trick to beat the game and unlock the extras, but for now the goal is to clear the first 3 levels one credit. The first 2 are tough enough though. :crying:

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
As a long time Slug 3 veteran, I look forward to some real challenge! And I'm glad they did this for the sake of the high score ranking.

northernsoul

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
i didnt say i could not beat the game, i have clocked it once and on my way to doing it a second time. Its just i found the continue system frustrating, maybe i have been spoiled by my candy cab and all those infinate credits, still it a great game on xbox but i do like the mvs version just a tad more.

leepantalone said:
Seriously, when was the last time a game made you continue at the beginning of a level, on a modern system?

Gunbird 2.
Viewtiful Joe.

Also, I'll never understand why people who complain about having unlimited continues can't just bring themselves not to continue after a certain point. Make no mistake, if you finish an action game after using 50 continues, odds are you suck.

quixux

Crossed Swords Squire
northernsoul you bring that avatar to shame with such talk. :)

My copy arrived today. So far I'm happy using the d-pad and the yellow-=fire, blue=jump, red=grenade, configuration. I play using my right hand on the top of the controller. It feels better. That HORI stick may actually be worth buying.

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
galvatron said:
Gunbird 2.
Viewtiful Joe.

Also, I'll never understand why people who complain about having unlimited continues can't just bring themselves not to continue after a certain point. Make no mistake, if you finish an action game after using 50 continues, odds are you suck.

You are right about Gunbird 2, and I never played Viewtiful Joe. OK. 2D gaming it seems limited to, even on new systems.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
At first I didn't like it, and I even e-mailed Ben Herman about it, but he assured me that it was done that way on purpose. After I played it for awhile, I thought it was a pretty good idea as is really does seperate the men from the boys and makes you come back again to beat it. I still haven't beaten it yet and I'm keeping the level at normal so I will have a better score, unlock all those extras, and play the game the way it was meant to be played.