Is this even possible?

Thereverend

Banned
Me and a buddy of mine (computer science major) are going to try something I think might just be impossible

Running every Version of Tekken in 1 machine ALA MVS with a switch to go between them

Trouble is they all run on different hardware

Is this in theory possible?

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
Sure it's possible. It's called a multijamma device made by Clay Cowgill.
You can check it out here: http://www.multigame.com/jamma.html

I used to have one, so I know it runs pretty good. You just need lots of juice to power all the boards at once.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Thereverend said:
Me and a buddy of mine (computer science major) are going to try something I think might just be impossible

Running every Version of Tekken in 1 machine ALA MVS with a switch to go between them

Trouble is they all run on different hardware

Is this in theory possible?

Yeah, but maybe get a buddy who's an electrical engineering major instead. lol, is your cs buddy gonna write magic code to hook it all up? j/p :D

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
"or if you want just a couple of boards use a 2 way 5 pole switch to switch the RGB sync and 5 volts via a relay. There is no harm in having the secondary boards buttons/switches and 12 volts in parallel with the used board"- or is there ??? ;)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
ttooddddyy said:
Please forgive my ignorance, is Tekken JAMMA ?

According to KLOV 1 and 2 are JAMMA on Namco System 11, 3 is JAMMA, 4 is on Namco Sytem 246 doesn't say if its JAMMA or not, and Tag is unique.

Thereverend

Banned
It's my understanding Tag Ran on System 22 as well

But are the games built into the boards or do you get the boards and the games?

Reznor007

Host for Orochi
Tekken1 and 2 are System 11, which is a modified PS1, and is JAMMA, the same goes for Tekken3 and Tag, except that they are System12.

System 246 is modified PS2 hardware, and runs Tekken 4, and supposedly there was a Sys246 version of Tag with better graphics...but I haven't seen one. Sys 246 is JAMMA also.

System11/12 are normal JAMMA boards dedicated to each game. System246 is a JAMMA motherboard with a DVD drive for the game and a swappable security chip per game(If I remember right).

Nallchan

Quiz Detective
Tekken 2 is Jamma + ... ( aka Aux harness on the board.. )

and yes its possible.. but its gonna be Expensive as hell to do it.. unless you using MAME... Daisy Chaining those adapters gets expensive... Complicated and is just a pain in the ass in general..

not to mention there will be SOOO many wires running thru that machine it'll drive ya nuts..

if your head strong on doing it.. heres what i suggest...
get a MAME.. Load all the tekkens on it... and play them.. thats gonna be the easiest way ..

Either that or find someone with the equipment to burn some EProms. and burn some with all the tekken data on them... then build an OS to select between them ( LOL ) .. only take ya a few ... years...

But seriously... either ALOT of jamma Adpaters... with Selector switchs... and HOURS of Wiring ( lots of cash )... or .. a mame... those are your only realistic options ...

Nallchan

Quiz Detective
yep since a few versions ago i would assume...
Check out the MAME Active game list...

http://www.mame.net/gamelist.html

Tekken | Yes | Yes | No | Yes | tekken
| Tekken 2 Ver.B | Yes | Yes | No | Yes | tekken2
| Tekken 3 | Yes | Yes | No | Yes | tekken3

Says Tekken 1, 2 and 3 are working... with the correct colors... but also says the sound is either not correct or off...

you win some... you lose some... im sure they'll fix the sound in the next few versions...

although tekken TAG is still on the NON-working list...

Thereverend

Banned
I'm starting to think I should just run a PS1 emu on my next PC

see I'm stubbern I don't want to get a PS2.

NEOFREAK9189

Sakura's Bank Manager
20 Year Member
this is the best way get
3 ps 1 for tekke 1.2.3
2 ps2 for Tekken Tag and tekken 4
in one RGB cab :mr_t:

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
Just get the multijamma and some more PSUs. It is the only real option.