Sega-Sammy's logo

Neon_Sonic

Setsuna's Owl Keeper
I'm still not thrilled about this, but maybe it's for the best. I'm warming up to this logo. Just for clarification, we will still see the classic Sega logo on games made by that divison, right?

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Neon_Sonic said:
Just for clarification, we will still see the classic Sega logo on games made by that divison, right?

I doubt it. That particular division of Sega-Sammy has been drastically altered and it is likely they will try to distance themselves from everything that is associated with the "failure" of Sega. The full story is here:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/06/01/news_6099624.html

Dallas_Five

Terry Bogard's Taylor
THat logo looks like it's for a pharmaceutical company.

I read the article that went along with it. Sounds like a lot of shit is changing: "Prior to becoming a subsidiary of Sega Sammy Holdings, Sega will also be merge its seven subsidiaries--Sega Wow, Sega AM2, Hitmaker, Team Sonic, Smilebit, Amusement Vision, and Digitalrex--into a single entity."

Correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't that one of the things that made Sega unique: all these different groups working autonomously but sharing an overall design vision? I know Nintendo has/had R&D1, R&D2, etc...but they were divisions, not subsidiaries.

Oh and this one is good: "The deal will give current Sammy shareholders control of nearly three-quarters of the new company's voting stock." Great, say hi to Sonic Pachinko Challenge!

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
it's very smart in that you get the saturn blue and the sammy green with two S's

but I feel like it's so lacking in overall design aesthetic...

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
SNK PLaymore - Neo•Geo ? :eye: :eye:

kaos

I'm a stealthy Ghost-like pimp daddy bitch, yo!
lithy said:
A lot better than Konami's new one that's for sure.

true, but...
Konami has changed that way cause It expanded immensely, now videogames are not their only businness and they needed to change with something that didnt reminds of'em as a softhouse

new SS logo is LAME, btw

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
The end of the world is near... :oh_no:

Neon_Sonic

Setsuna's Owl Keeper
xtoo_short20x said:
SNK PLaymore - Neo•Geo ? :eye: :eye:

Deal with it. You just have to get your idiotic comments and obnoxious smilies in on every single topic, don't you?

Visuatrox

NEST Puppet
Generic neutral corporate logo, nothing fancy but it works.. They should have dropped the "holdings" part of the logo in my opinion.

I guess it is good for business to get rid of the old Sega logo. The old Sega logo reminds people of Dreamcasts failure, and games that end up in bargain bins.

Baseley09

Hair Group,
Rekks of a corporate logo.

Doesnt look like a fun, or entertainment thing.

That is all.

Jedite

Bunker Buster
Talk about Fruit Roll Ups, what will they think of next?

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Neon_Sonic said:
Deal with it. You just have to get your idiotic comments and obnoxious smilies in on every single topic, don't you?

Sega doesn't belong in here. I mean it's pretty clear that this is unrelated
news. Fucking idiots like you, obviously will never understand that.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Consolodation is Bad.

You think Sega has been putting shit games out now? Wait until that giant dev house starts churning out crap.

Sammy is going to be ruining things for Sega and Playmore if they end up buying them too (which is likely, because if they have enough to buy Sega, they sure as shit have enough to buy Playmore).

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Nesagwa said:
Sammy is going to be ruining things for Sega and Playmore if they end up buying them too (which is likely, because if they have enough to buy Sega, they sure as shit have enough to buy Playmore).

True. I'm afraid that both Sega and SNKP are destined for failure at the hands of Sammy. I don't wanna believe it, but all the signs are there .... :crying:

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
hmmm Sammy?.....
never thought I'd see the day.. :crying:

snesaes

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
lithy said:
A lot better than Konami's new one that's for sure.

Konami's new logo sucks ass. They had one of the coolest logo ever. This new one looks pretty cool, but you can't judge a book by the cover.