SNK Showing & Gameplay in NYC (Memorial Day Weekend)

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Hey guys and gals... sorry if this was already pre-posted.
Just returned from Italy and found this message in my mailbox from the good folks of New York Tokyo:

Gamers Nite Groove MAY
Sprite Based Euphoria + Latest from E3
Sunday, May 30th, 8PM-> 0AM
TRIBECA GRAND HOTEL, NYC
ADMISSION FREE / 21 & OVER
HTTP://GAME.NEWYORK-TOKYO.COM

GNG May: Attention gamers! Put down your controllers-at least temporarily-because Gamers Nite Groove is back once again to provide New York City with its only free gaming/music experience. GNG is a monthly event dedicated showcasing the newest and hottest video game titles, as well as incorporating cutting edge music and art.

This month, SNK is offering up the sprite based quarter-popping arcade favorites: Metal Slug 3 and King of Fighters 2000/2001 for the ultimate action this side of the second dimension. The sprites don't end there; get a hands-on run through Mastiff's latest release, La Pucelle: Tactics. Bandai is also giving you the opportunity to sample exciting new games before they hit the shelves with Ribbit King and the anime-wrestler
brawler, Galactic Wrestling; while Sony is showcasing the highly anticipated sequel to their cel-shaded stealth raccoon hit, Sly 2: Band of Thieves. Still not enough action for you? Then why not take Capcom's latest hit Onimusha 3 out for a demon-slashing spin through the streets of Paris. And last but not least, coming hot off the heels of the world's
biggest video game trade show, E3, GNG is providing you with the latest previews only previously available to privileged press.

Arcade enthusiasts fed up with tiny controllers will also want to check out Pelican's Real Arcade Universal on display for an authentic button-mashing experience.

And if this isn't enticing enough, need we mention there's free stuff? Yes, tons of E3 goodies, including t-shirts (no need to do the laundry), caps (or shower), and stickers (stick responsibly).

Finally, the night will keep you moving with the Game Boy influenced beats from Bit Shifter, as well as live DJ performances by Prozac and Jesse Mann. And while you're bustin' a move, be sure to check out the pixel-laden artwork of the one and only EBOY.

Don't miss this opportunity to try out new games, groove to the hottest new beats, and catch a glimpse at some amazing artwork-all for free! Hope to see you this Sunday May 30th at the Tribeca Grand Hotel.

Tribeca Grand Hotel
2 Avenue of the Americas
(3 blocks south of Canal St.), NYC
Subway: A, C, E to Canal St.

Hopefully, I may see some of the NY based SNK gamers there. :)

Himuragames

Crossed Swords Squire
Wow

That cool. I sure didn't know about it. They have this game night every month? Who else has been to it? What are your impression about it?
Thanks VinylBoy :drool:

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
New York Tokyo is a cool group in Manhhattan that throws occasional gatherings throughout the year. They like to showcase a number of new theatrical shows, and do a video game gathering towards the end of every month. Unfortunately for me, I've been out of town when most of these functions happen, but all those in the NYC or NJ area should definitely check them out.

To find out more, check out www.newyork-tokyo.com