How can u tell a real Atomiswave Cart. game from a bootleg???

I just wanted to know if anyone out there knows hows to tell apart a real deal Sammy Atomiswave Cart game from a Bootleg Sammy Atomiswave Cart game? :shame: If so, please feel free to post your thoughts and comments. :buttrock:

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
As far as I'm aware, Atomiswave games haven't been bootlegged... yet

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
though unreliable,

casey mcmahon told me that it would not be economical to bootlegg atw carts... something about the types of chips used.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
As of yet it wouldn't be economically viable for other reasons as well... The main one being the fact that their userbase is still very limited and there's no game really worth the effort.

John_Smith

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it would seem the bootlegging in the coin-op industry has primarily been reserved to 8 and 16 bit hardware, mainly due to the fact that what protection was present couldn't be any more sophisticated than 16 bit encryption. There are many variants to this of course, some more successful than others but still, with nothing but 16 bit encryption bootlegging is always gonna be rife. I can't think of any 32Bit hardware that has been bootlegged, hardware such as Sega's System32 & beyond like STV Model 1-3, Data East's 'Captain America', Psykyo SH2 based hardware with titles like 'GunBird 2, Strikers 1945 II & III' as far as I know have never been hit. True, some of this hardware may not have had many big hitters to their names, but lets face it even our beloved Neo hasn't had 100% awesome releases the last few years, but it would seem that just about every title has ended up being bootlegged. To put it plain 16Bit architecture makes for easy meat for the bootleggers. The Atomiswave is supposed to be based on the DC so isn't that 64 or 128 Bit or something? Maybe I've got it wrong, but I know even 32Bit CPU architecture can provide the potential for many times the encryption depth than 16Bit, not just double like you'd think looking at the figures themselves. I forget the math right now, but its just amazing the jump in possible instructions per second from 16 to 32Bit. :eek:

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
chris1 said:
Ditto..

It's too soon..

Agreed. Down the road when there are more games available and the total capabilities of the Atomiswave then they will come. As it being new, making a boot is also cost prohibitive at the moment.