What was the first Neo Geo game you ever played?

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
What was the first Neo Geo game you ever played (either on arcade, Neo geo home cart, or Cd) And do you have fond memmory of that time?

Mine was SS at a arcade (1992/1993?). I wasn't particulary good at it (I got killed by my friends and brother) , but boy was the game fun. Great graphics, sound, game play. It had it all.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
I think mine would be The Super Spy, way back in 1990. I fell in love with that game. I never happened upon what most people consider the true classic first gen titles (NAM, magician lord) in an arcade, that was it and I was sold on the neo ever since. When I got back into the neo scene 2 years ago I couldn't believe how many people list it as one of the worst titles. I LOVED it! My other favorites back in the day were Ninja Combat and World Heroes 2.

John

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
I think the first neo game I played was either Sengoku or Fatal Fury. Pretty gen 1. Man, I'm old. Crossed Swords and Cyberlip were in there too. Not sure which was the first as they were all at an arcade that had nickel slots. That was pretty cool.

[This message has been edited by RyoGeo (edited August 26, 2000).]

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
For me it was King of the Monsters. One day I walked into Microplay and saw this game "King of the Monsters" on their MVS. So I played it and had a real blast. I quite liked the 3-D-ish playing environment and was crazy about the monster characters doing all these wrestling moves, since I was only 10 years old back in 1991. Plus I was nuts about monsters & WWF. And now I finally have it at home. It's loads of fun in 2-player mode.

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
Sengoku! The stage with the horses as the floor hooked me, excellent graphics at the time!

Keith

Baseball Stars Pro was the first, but once i played AOF, I knew that the Neo was a machine i had to have. Too bad we only saw 3 in the series, b/c the third game was one of the best fighters of all time!

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
Fatal Fury.

*slide slide TNT punch**slide slide TNT punch*

Thanks,
Billkwando
utngmlink.gif
http://welcome.to/undertheneogeomoon

Todd

Galford's Armourer
Mine had to be Crossed swords. I just laved that game and i still do! Wish there was a Crossed Swords 2 for the AES!

NeoZero

New Challenger
Hmmmmm let me think back to the good, old, simple days. Ahhh Yes! About 7 years ago, when I was around 8 years old, I can recall playing Samurai Shodown at a shabby arcade. It was great, I went home after it thinking to myself, I NEED TO GET THAT GAME!!!

" Life is like a game, dont give up and you just might succeed. "

- NeoZero

T

TheDjinn

The first Neo game I played was Magician Lord. I read abot the Neo in magazines before it came out, then one day I went to an arcade in Chicago and I saw the MVS cabinet with 4 games(Magician Lord,Nam 1975, Ninja Combat, Top Player's Golf). I was completely blown away. As soon as it came out at home, I bought the system and Magician Lord and I was so amazed that the game at home and the arcade were identical.

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
1st neo game for me was Nam-1975. The game that convinced me to buy a Neo was Crossed Swords. That is still probably my favorite video game of all time.
-nick_th_fury
nickslink.gif
http://nickthfury.cjb.net/

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Djinn you're from Chicago? What parts?

I always told people that Chicago was big with Neo fans. I think most of the people I have met that are Neo fans live in Chicago and parts of California.

Dion
www.neogeofreak.com

T

TheDjinn

I am from the suburbs. I met up with you a few times. I'm sure you remember me.

C

charles

The first Neo game I remember playing was Fatal Fury. While almost everyone else was crowded around the Street Fighter II machine, I was battling uncontested on FF.

Robi15

20 Year Member
Magican Lord was mine. I saw it first at a TV-gameshop. I was so envious about one guy that buyd the whole system with that game that I allmost wanted to rob him on his way home....

Robi15

Dolphin

Custom User Title,
I honestly can't remember what the "first" Neo-Geo game I encountered was. All I know is that I wasn't really impressed with it (it may have been "Magician Lord"). "Crossed Swords" was the first Neo-Geo game that actually made me stand up and take notice of the, at the time, fledgling system.

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
If anyone is interested, I removed 'Jasons' post as the language was inappropriate for this forum.

Keith

asam79

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I am not sure the first game I played for Neo geo. It's either King of monster or Fatal Fury.

I remember me and my friends can play the King of monster "free of charge". We just bang to the arcade coin area and There you go: 1 credit.
One of my friends did bank it real good compare to me (one time per credit). I have to bang it couple times before I succeed of getting one credit. We typically do it with couple friends to cover the arcade.

Well, those naughty childhood memory of neo geo arcade
smile.gif

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Well my first game was king of the monsters and fatal fury, It was in a 2-slot machine. I loved KOM. It was in a aladdins castle at Chapel hills mall in Colorado springs colorado. Later in college (UNC) It was world heros and League bowling.

DIY

Loyal Neo-Disciple
It was AOF 1 or 2(i cant remember i was 8) but it was playing Fatal Fury on my Genisis(yuck!) that got me hooked. It's stupid though there are like 3 MVS on Long Island!

Fatal Fury. You never saw a second Street Fighter join in to whip a boss's ass now have you? ;-)

That's just too cool.

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
Fatal Fury 2 on MVS, then Magician Lord on AES. Sorry this rely comes so late, I saw the post when looking at DYI's list of messages and I didnt get to put my 2 cents in as I wasnt a memeber in August
smile.gif

lemonflav

Windjammers Wonder
20 Year Member
My first NEO game was Fatal Fury. It was around the time of Street Fighter II, and I was growing tired of kicking everyone's ass with my superior Dhalsim skills, so I walked to the back of the arcade and saw Fatal Fury chillin all by itself. Sure I thought it was a SFII rip off, but is was a good diversion from the Capcom madness. Later that year I played Magician Lord for the first time, I was hooked.

I truly will miss SNK.

DIY

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Originally posted by Dreamh2o:
Fatal Fury 2 on MVS, then Magician Lord on AES. Sorry this rely comes so late, I saw the post when looking at DYI's list of messages and I didnt get to put my 2 cents in as I wasnt a memeber in August
smile.gif

Why where you going through MY MESSAGES? Just wondering?