You may cry now !!! New KoF MI Characters

Paul Phoenix

New Challenger
...because of joy !!!

I hope these are not old pictures but I just saw new images over at IGN.

And now you may guess what I saw - right, Terry´s alternate outfit which is directly taken from Garou :buttrock:
The next new one is Ryo in his Wild Ambition look, with beard and white hair (I have it somewhere back in mind that he looked this way in WA).

king-of-fighters-maximum-impact-20040525045356265.jpg

king-of-fighters-maximum-impact-20040525045348156.jpg

This is going to be one of the greatest KoF games we will ever see :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Oops, because of all the excitement I forgot to add the new one ( at least I do not know him, so I suppose he is new)

king-of-fighters-maximum-impact-20040525045352656.jpg

Last edited:

FormlessOne

Chin's Drinking Partner
Paul Phoenix said:
...because of joy !!!

I hope these are not old pictures but I just saw new images over at IGN.

And now you may guess what I saw - right, Terry´s alternate outfit which is directly taken from Garou :buttrock:
The next new one is Ryo in his Wild Ambition look, with beard and white hair (I have it somewhere back in mind that he looked this way in WA).

king-of-fighters-maximum-impact-20040525045356265.jpg

king-of-fighters-maximum-impact-20040525045348156.jpg

This is going to be one of the greatest KoF games we will ever see :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Oops, because of all the excitement I forgot to add the new one ( at least I do not know him, so I suppose he is new)

king-of-fighters-maximum-impact-20040525045352656.jpg

That Ryo is from Buriki One, and welcome to 2 or 3 weeks ago
:oh_no:
And that army guy looks like Ralf from Ikari warriors dressed in the way they actually were in the game.

Paul Phoenix

New Challenger
According to those IGN goons this is a new character and not Ralf and this pictures with Terry in his alt outfit cannot be two weeks old since they weren´t even found on KoFMI.com !!!

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
If that's not Ralf I'll cut out my asshole and eat it.

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Paul Phoenix said:
According to those IGN goons this is a new character and not Ralf and this pictures with Terry in his alt outfit cannot be two weeks old since they weren´t even found on KoFMI.com !!!

Look around the forum, man. We have a pic from Garou Terry vs Buriki Ryo for weeks now. Terry is using the Power Geyser in the pic. There are more than 70 images of the game around. KOFMI only has a handful of them.

And that IS Ralf. Insert Credit mentioned that Ralf´s second outfit is the one in the picture.

Paul Phoenix

New Challenger
Hmm.... I just went back to IGN and read the text along the new pictures.
Seems like they mixed things up heavily. In their news they are writing about Rock, Chae and Iori :loco:

And also the news say the following:
"As a special bonus for IGN readers, however, we've included some new images and artwork for each of the three new characters on our media page below. You aren't going to find them anywhere else for a couple more days either, so make sure you give them a look."
It is dated with May, 25th 2004 !!!

So what happened here ??? Seems like I am a victim of non-up to date journalism here

Last edited:

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
That last one looks like a black haired Alex. Sort of.

Wonder if they will throw in a naked lady code.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Its Ralf in his old Ikari Warriors 1 outfit, no doubt about it. IGN's clearly got their head up their ass.

And yes, MOTW Terry and Buriki One Ryo is old news, but those are new screens to me so its appreciated. :)

Paul Phoenix

New Challenger
xtoo_short20x said:
I may cry now?
why?
Because the game is looking damn good ??? Tears of joy, I´d say ;)
And also because it is a proof that SNKP is capable of creating good looking games aside the crap they produce on Sammy´s hardware !!!

@Fygee: to me the screens are new aswell but since you get treated not too kind when posting something older here, it is nice to get at least ONE positive post here, thanks alot.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Paul Phoenix said:
Because the game is looking damn good ??? Tears of joy, I´d say ;)
And also because it is a proof that SNKP is capable of creating good looking games aside the crap they produce on Sammy´s hardware !!!

@Fygee: to me the screens are new aswell but since you get treated not too kind when posting something older here, it is nice to get at least ONE positive post here, thanks alot.

Sorry, but I couldn't give a fuck about teh graphix.

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
xtoo_short20x said:
Sorry, but I couldn't give a fuck about teh graphix.

If you cared about gameplay, then you would be interested in this game. It plays just like the 2D KOFs, just with side-step options (which is not that far from the old AB dodges).

SNKJorge

Dio_Brando said:
If you cared about gameplay, then you would be interested in this game. It plays just like the 2D KOFs, just with side-step options (which is not that far from the old AB dodges).

Gameplay is really all I care about.
However, this is the first try at making KOF in 3D, sounds very scary to me...
Until I play the damn thing then I will have my final judgement, that is, if I even
do, as I am not interested in this title really. I'm looking forward to SSV Special.
Back to playing KOF'01 on my NEO.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
That game looks like ass. I'll have no part in it. "SNK" game in 3D? No thanks.

Paul Phoenix

New Challenger
Spike said:
That game looks like ass. I'll have no part in it. "SNK" game in 3D? No thanks.

Say welcome to tolerance - nice to see some other "antique" opinions :oh_no:

Interesting that even 3D looks are not being tolerated since the GAMEPLAY IS COMPLETELY 2D !!! The only thing that is 3D is the sidestep !!!

I start regretting that I opened this thread...

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
lol, sorry buddy.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Atleast they're trying something new (as far as KOF is concerned). I'm all for new ideas and perspectives, I'll be picking this game up when its realeased.

Mike

The BEAST3

Dodgeball Yakuza
Michael Yagami said:
Atleast they're trying something new (as far as KOF is concerned). I'm all for new ideas and perspectives, I'll be picking this game up when its realeased.

Mike

well said, it's nice to see KOF going in a new direction, I am also picking this one up when it's released.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Michael Yagami said:

Mike

No fucking shit. It's something completely different. Regardless of what you say about it, you can't go into the game the first time expecting to know how it's going to play. Each KOF that comes out year after year, everybody wants it to play like the year before it, and bitch because the core game itself is the same, but they try to change it up with subtle things like moves being removed, or some silly gimmick thrown in it.

Now people are going to have to base the game on it's own merit, and not the 3d KOF that came before it.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
I've already expressed the fact that I was blown away by this game. Completely exceeded my expectations, can't wait for it.

Old news about the alternate costumes though.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
man, man, man - will SNKP finally produce something truly innovative??? :eek: :eek:

leGionellz

Pancho Villa is my Direct Ancestor,
galfordo said:
man, man, man - will SNKP finally produce something truly innovative??? :eek: :eek:

Yeah, going 3D is SO creative these days :oh_no:

Why neo fans like these squared looking 3D models over artistic 2D graphics goes beyond me.

And until now there has never been a 3D fighter which had better gameplay then our SNK lineup.

Do you think all of a sudden SNKP will come up with one ?

Of course not, don't fool yourself.

If anything good will happen, it will be on AW, in 2D.

Blame me for being a 2D purist, I know I am to blame for that, but I really do think that that's the way fighting games should be.

Paul Phoenix

New Challenger
Being a 2D purist is nothing to blame you for but the belief that fighting cannot be good in 3D is crap - there are things that you cannot even dream of when you stick to 2D for good !!!

Some people like strategic battles which are based on evading and since evading in 2D games is as simple as pressing 2 buttons, this is something which is only achievable in 3D for example.

SNKJorge

Paul Phoenix said:
Being a 2D purist is nothing to blame you for but the belief that fighting cannot be good in 3D is crap - there are things that you cannot even dream of when you stick to 2D for good !!!

Some people like strategic battles which are based on evading and since evading in 2D games is as simple as pressing 2 buttons, this is something which is only achievable in 3D for example.

Neo-Geo.com

DEDICATED TO SNK'S 24-BIT 2D SYSTEMS & GAMES:

Paul Phoenix

New Challenger
I was believing that this sentence does NOT AUTOMATICALLY include intolerance towards everything else though...