possible unibios 1.3 bug on multislot, help needed.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Hi,

I think there could be a bug with the universe bios v1.3 on multislot hardware but I don't have a multislot myself to test. So can anyone with the needed stuff test the following and give their outcome and system type.
  • Power up the system and go into the universe bios menu.
  • Go into the general settings and enable the 'disable bootup HW test' option.
  • Exit the menu and then power off and on the system.
Do you get an address error once the universe splash screen disapeers?

Thanks in advance, Raz

Hide

Banned
Hi Raz,

good old deffty tried it and the error you've described pretty much fitted our scenario then.
He rectified it with the 'clear ram' or whtever you call it function right after and unchecked the 'disable hardware boot up test'.

That happened on my 2 Slot. After that, we didn't do it again. Heh.
It was pretty cool though. It may fool me into thinking the Uni1.3 wasn't in the system at all.

Anyhoo, I have a modded AES too but since what you've described could only happen on MVSes, ditto bout that.

Just letting you know that it didn't bother me. We'll see a Ver 1.4 once SS5 Zero gets released. Yes?

:smirk:

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Thanks for this info so far, what I really need to know is if the error comes back by simply disabling the hardware check (if so a brief report of the screen you see), and then goes again by allowing the hardware check again.

I would like to fix this if there is indeed a problem but I need more info first so I know the cause.

Regards, Raz

Hide said:
Hi Raz,

good old deffty tried it and the error you've described pretty much fitted our scenario then.
He rectified it with the 'clear ram' or whtever you call it function right after and unchecked the 'disable hardware boot up test'.

That happened on my 2 Slot. After that, we didn't do it again. Heh.
It was pretty cool though. It may fool me into thinking the Uni1.3 wasn't in the system at all.

Anyhoo, I have a modded AES too but since what you've described could only happen on MVSes, ditto bout that.

Just letting you know that it didn't bother me. We'll see a Ver 1.4 once SS5 Zero gets released. Yes?

:smirk:

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Hi,

I think there could be a bug with the universe bios v1.3 on multislot hardware but I don't have a multislot myself to test. So can anyone with the needed stuff test the following and give their outcome and system type.
Power up the system and go into the universe bios menu.
Go into the general settings and enable the 'disable bootup HW test' option.
Exit the menu and then power off and on the system.
Do you get an address error once the universe splash screen disapeers?

Thanks in advance, Raz

Hey Raz,

I tried out the stated diable function on my MV-4F and I'm happy to say that no such address error appeared. :smirk: