Temjin

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I´ve been drooling over one of these lately http://www.x-arcade.com/
They have been given great reviews and so on, but has any neo gamer
tried one of them out?:D What do you guys have to say about the x-arcade
stick?

Also I would ofcourse like to have it for my AES, and would then have to
build some converter? Is this simple to do? I guess there is alot of info
on http://www.gamesx.com/index2.htm about this.

snesaes

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I think there's a convertor already built for it. You should try www.liksang.com. Sorry I can't help more, but I must go to work. And by go to work, I mean not go to work and play Chrono Trigger.

Temjin

B. Jenet's Firstmate
snesaes said:
I think there's a convertor already built for it. You should try www.liksang.com. Sorry I can't help more, but I must go to work. And by go to work, I mean not go to work and play Chrono Trigger.

Yeah, do you mean http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=226&products_id=3707&
I cant find any other converter there or on play-asia.
If I buy the x-arcade stick, with their PS2 converter, and buy
that classics converter PS2 to Neo, that would be like
a converter on a converter? Is that possible?

Gorka

Borca,
20 Year Member
Tänker du beställa från Playtrack eller utlandet Temjin?

Gorka

Borca,
20 Year Member
En stabil panel, med bekväm lutning och bra delar, jag kan inte se vad som skulle kunna gå fel. Om du inte gillar ex joysticken är det väl bara att byta ut den eller?
En snabb sökning på pinut gav det här http://www.gamesx.com/controldata/superneo.htm , vet inte om det är dig till hjälp, för den där går väl på usb kan tänka.

Nallchan

Quiz Detective
I have an X-Arcade Dual control for my Mame and it works VERY well.. i love it.. not to mention their LIFETIME warrenty..

i also have bought just the Sticks alone and installed them into a Neo 4 Slot cab before... better then new ..

so.. overall.. i would DEFINATLY reccommend X Arcade Gear.. never had a problem with them yet....

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
People give them a lot of shit because they're sort of "semi-mainstream", but I think they're quality sticks.

Temjin

B. Jenet's Firstmate
What about their x-arcade PS2 converter and then connected to a PS2 to AES converter, I know it sounds stupid but would i work?!
Would save me some trouble since Im not really a hightechhomebuilder!:D

parodius

n00b
It works. I use a similar setup with my AES.
What sucks it that you have to buy 2 PS/AES converters :angry:

eclypse

Banned
I wouldnt think so..

I tried using a PS2/Turbo Duo converter to PS2 addaptor on my Xarcade and it wouldnt work period on my Turbo Duo system :(
Though the PS2 controllers do work with the addaptor on the turbo duo.

parodius

n00b
Maybe that's because the Duo controller port doesn't provide enough power to the X-Arcade.

Temjin

B. Jenet's Firstmate
So converter to converter acctually works! Thats good to know.
I actually went and ordred a new style neo stick instead, didnt
feel like spendig that much money on a stick just yet!
Thanx for the info everyone. :mr_t:

johnkiddier

Kabuki Klasher
The x-arcade is not a bad stick but for the money I'd personally get a custom stick built.

The buttons are OK, but that it, just OK. The actual stick itself is a cheap copy of a Happ Ultimate stick which is nothing at all like the sticks you get on decent new Jap machines.

I've built sticks using all components, including X-arcade and I just don't rate them highly enough to shell out $100+

The japanese ball top sanwa sticks are a lot more precise than the large plastic Happ sticks and don't have the annoying 'snap back' that plagues the Happ sticks when doing double tap moves.

There's a lot of bullshit and elitism when it comes to custom sticks and I have to say that the x-arcade will still outclass almost any other commercial stick.

If you're willing to pay a few dollars more I would recommend checking out one of the builders at shoryuken.com

To give you an idea of what sort of thing you can get have a look at John Tam's site Modeverything.com .

It has been noted by some users that the X-Arcade is prone to a slight lag due to the types of encoder they use (especially with PS2), any Neo users experience this?