How does a Noob access the dip settings?

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I've just received my cab and I'm still figuring stuff out. Where I'm up to know is how to access the dip settings for the games. I have an MV-4F motherboard and all I can notice is the 10 tiny switches next to the headphone and speaker volume.

Is this what I'm looking for? Any help is much appreciated. :help:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
No, I accidently posted the thread twice. So mods, please delete one.

Thanks Temjin, that link was exactly what I needed. :)

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Ok, I'm still having problems. In that manual, it states that to access the hard and soft dip settings for the machine, you press the test button located inside the cabinet. I've located two red buttons next two one another inside the cab with what looks to be some sort of volume control next to them. These are found right next to the coin mech. One of the buttons is labeled 'Test', the other labelled 'Service' and the knob is labelled 'Volume'. Two wires are coming from the 'Test' button, one is going into the cab, while the other goes back up into the 'Service' button. Woah... Newbie anxiety here... :loco: :help:

Now, when I press the 'Test' button when the machine is on, nothing happens at all, but when I press the 'Service' button, it gives me free credits.

So does it sound like the 'Test' button is broken? I really have no idea..

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Sounds like Service works like it should, but pressing the Test should take you to the settings menu.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
The test button is probably faulty, the contacts need cleaning, or replace the switch. Being an Aussie cab guess it will be similar to the cabs in my sig pic, made by Leisure and Allied Industries, I had the same problem with both these cabs.
The bottom part of the push to make red button switch unscrews from its mounting bracket which allows the contacts to be cleaned, put a dab of CRC on there for good measure ;)

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
You could always just flick the first dip switch upon powering up. Although that won't get you to the dip settings so you prolly wont wanna do that...er yeah!

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
J0e Musashi said:
You could always just flick the first dip switch upon powering up. Although that won't get you to the dip settings so you prolly wont wanna do that...er yeah!

What would that do? I actually flicked all the dip switches when the machine was off, then turned it on to see if that would take me to the settings but all it said was RAM TESTING or some shit, so I turned it off quickly. Hopefully didn't damage anything.

ttooddddyy, my cab is a dedicated Leisure and Allied Industries machine, but I picked it up cheap from a games distributor and it needs some work. The controls aren't functioning 100% and a couple of buttons don't always register. It looks pretty much the same as your's except the buttons are in more of a square shape and it's missing the added marquee extra on the top.

I'm not at all familiar with electronics so I may get a service dude out to have a look at it..

Thanks for the feedback.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Pando said:
What would that do? I actually flicked all the dip switches when the machine was off, then turned it on to see if that would take me to the settings but all it said was RAM TESTING or some shit, so I turned it off quickly. Hopefully didn't damage anything.

ttooddddyy, my cab is a dedicated Leisure and Allied Industries machine, but I picked it up cheap from a games distributor and it needs some work. The controls aren't functioning 100% and a couple of buttons don't always register. It looks pretty much the same as your's except the buttons are in more of a square shape and it's missing the added marquee extra on the top.

I'm not at all familiar with electronics so I may get a service dude out to have a look at it..

Thanks for the feedback.

I think you have the 20" monitor 4 slot version ?

http://www.hardmvs.com/xml/pacific/pacCabs.htm

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Yeah, mine looks alot like that, though the monitor in mine looks bigger. I'm sure it's 24" or 25". So I'd say it's the pic of the cabs underneath that one. Also, mine only has one coin slot and no memory card. Is there any way to attatch a memory card, say, on the allocated space on the MV-4F?

I'll get a pic up soon.