Boot or not boot Puzzle Bobble

aluisi

Geese's Thug
I just got this off of ebay the auction said it was a origanl game but I just want to make sure. You all are the best at spoting bootlegs. I dont think its a boot but I want to make sure because all the other Puzzle Bobbles I have seen are in white cases. What do you all think?

Bust%20a%20move.jpg

Last edited:

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
I'm thinking it's a b00t.
The Puzzle Bobble b00t I got when I bought one of my cabs, had exactly
the same roms you pointed.

aluisi

Geese's Thug
BUt

The thing is if you look on the bottom of each board I cant tell at all that any sodering was done. It looks perfect and the only way sodering like that comes out is from a machine I have never once met any one who could soder like that. But still I have my doupts about it thats why I posted the pic. Also it has a sticker on the side that shows a date and a sliver tab like it was repaied mabye it is a boot I dont know

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I'm Stumped

Can you take a close up pic of the soldering..preferably the top board..

I've never seen one like this..

These come in clear/white and black cases..

I've yet to see an all chip/no EPROM-Mask version..

...I'd bet the SNKG white cased versions would be the real ones..
I wonder..(?)
So many damn board versions of this game..

(Cover up the glass parts with black tape)

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
chris1 said:
Can you take a close up pic of the soldering..preferably the top board..

I've never seen one like this..

These come in clear/white and black cases..

I've yet to see an all chip/no EPROM-Mask version..

...I'd bet the SNKG white cased versions would be the real ones..
I wonder..(?)
So many damn board versions of this game..

(Cover up the glass parts with black tape)

I took the picture and zoomed up to the soldering behind the marked mask ROMs and it looks un-factory..but I'd really need to see a better pic.

The soldering Looks kind of dark behind that marked mask ROM..(colored window chip)
As in comparison to the soldering on the chip above it.

BCHIP.jpg

Last edited:

aluisi

Geese's Thug
Sexxy Close Ups

Okay Here are the close ups of the boards Also I took your sugestion and put black tape over the eprom windows

TOP BOARD
ALSO ON THE STICKER NEXT TO THE EPROM ON THE STICKER IT SAYS D96 07
top.jpg

BOTTOM BOARD
ALSO ON THE STICKER NEXT TO THE EPROM ON THE STICKER IT SAYS D96 06
bottom.jpg

Last edited:

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
aluisi said:
Okay Here are the close ups of the boards Also I took your sugestion and put black tape over the eprom windows

TOP BOARD
ALSO ON THE STICKER NEXT TO THE EPROM ON THE STICKER IT SAYS D96 07
top.jpg

BOTTOM BOARD
ALSO ON THE STICKER NEXT TO THE EPROM ON THE STICKER IT SAYS D96 06
bottom.jpg

Hmm..
I'm still stumped....
Does any of the soldering look different then others..
Whereas you have totally flat soldering over the chips pins and other chips that the pins are sticking out of the solder..(?)

Anything not match..or look not pure factory.

I'd hate to tell you it's real only to find out later it's not..

I personally have two different BAM boots in clear cases..One has the same label as yours and the other repro label.
Both have totally different board-chip set locations..One works great,the one with the label like yours..
The other has no sound..

I had a third,but I no longer have it..

This game was made in major bootleg amounts,so it's hard to find a real one.

How does your copy work..?

Here's a picture of a black case BAM/PUZZLE BOBBLE I just found on Ebay..(to show you the case)
f3_12_s.JPG

:glee: My 3yr old son sees me looking at the type stuff so much he's saying Neo Geo behind me....and he only can see the boards.. :tickled:

Last edited:

Reznor007

Host for Orochi
I still think it's real...the soldering looks perfect in the pics, and the boards have D96 mask chips, and what appears to be an original label.

Robert

20 Year Member
All these threads about bootleg puzzle bobble MVS carts make me doubting about buying one. Really sad cause I love this game.

aluisi

Geese's Thug
well

Well the sodering looks all the same around. All the chips with pins the pins are sticking out, There looks to me that there has been no extra sodering done to it. I guess my game will be that wiered mistery one LOL. It plays great. When i first popped it in I was able to play till lvl 8 then after that my sound went out. So I pulled the game out and clead the contacts on the board with contact cleaner and I have never had a problum yet.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
aluisi said:
Well the sodering looks all the same around. All the chips with pins the pins are sticking out, There looks to me that there has been no extra sodering done to it. I guess my game will be that wiered mistery one LOL. It plays great. When i first popped it in I was able to play till lvl 8 then after that my sound went out. So I pulled the game out and clead the contacts on the board with contact cleaner and I have never had a problum yet.

Well..I'd have to say it's a real one then As Reznor007 said.......

Congratulations!!! :buttrock: .....