Odd switch on my Candy Cab

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
From day 1 that I had this candy cab, this switch has always struck my curiosity as it is not functional. The wires are still attached to it and I would imagine it may have been some power-mod for someone not in the mood to goto the back of the cab to turn it on and off. Just to make sure, i thought i would ask the assistance of my fellow experts. What the hell is this switch for?

Its just odd to me that anyone would want a power switch that close to the gameplay area.

observe the mystery switch (next to select button)
FujiSnaps%20013.jpg

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
It looks like a remote on/off switch so you can turn it on or off without going behind the thing.

If I were you Id wire it up because they are handy to have.

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
chris1 said:
It also could of been wired up as a Pause switch.

Ooooh... I wan't one too.

NeoCverA, try to make it work. That would be handy.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Well thanks to Xzibit (member i bought it from) he gave me his wireless power switch which i recorded the frequency on my remote to turn the cab on and off. So using it for power is not necessary...

Chris1 you mentioned a "pause" switch, what is that? Literally a switch to PAUSE the game?

Could i use it to activate the TEST mode/ Debug screen? How would i go about wiring that up?

- neocvera

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
NeoCverA said:
Well thanks to Xzibit (member i bought it from) he gave me his wireless power switch which i recorded the frequency on my remote to turn the cab on and off. So using it for power is not necessary...

Chris1 you mentioned a "pause" switch, what is that? Literally a switch to PAUSE the game?

Could i use it to activate the TEST mode/ Debug screen? How would i go about wiring that up?

- neocvera

http://www.hardmvs.com/html/pause.htm

http://www.hardmvs.com/html/pause2.htm

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Thats pretty sweet, thanks for the link. The only problem i have with the instructions is the image that shows the points on the board that were soldered, not very clear to me.

I modded my xbox with an old ass chip that required 31 points to solder so i dont think this will be very tough. I just need to know exactly where to solder the 2 wires.

Himuragames

Crossed Swords Squire
Hey Chris1

I think a pause switch makes sense. There is a power switch in the front of the machine right above the coin box (right)? I was reading somewhere, that someone did hook up a pause switch in there cabinet. :buttrock: Cool, when you need to walk away from the cabinet.

Chris1 do you think hooking that switch up to the freeze screen dip switch could pause the game? :eek_2:

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
solderBoardSM.jpg

Find the two pins directly under the #8 switch. You are going to solder one wire to each pin just like the picture. Again, it does not matter which wire goes where. Be sure you have tined the wires, and it seems to work best to have a fair amount of solder on the tip of the iron. Hold the wire on the pin and touch both with the iron. The solder should flow onto the wire and the pin. Take the iron away, and you should be all set.

I found a topic where member djdelly put one in..I never have..but the info above belongs to Briggs who has.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
chris1 said:
solderBoardSM.jpg

Find the two pins directly under the #8 switch. You are going to solder one wire to each pin just like the picture. Again, it does not matter which wire goes where. Be sure you have tined the wires, and it seems to work best to have a fair amount of solder on the tip of the iron. Hold the wire on the pin and touch both with the iron. The solder should flow onto the wire and the pin. Take the iron away, and you should be all set.

I found a topic where member djdelly put one in..I never have..but the info above belongs to Briggs who has.

You really only need one wire as the otherside will be grounded, you can use any ground on the switch side, like on the control panel for instance.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Wait...... you can turn your cab on and off with your TV remote? :spock: Me wants.