Impressions of Metal Slug Advance

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Yeah, I know.

They should just recycle all the graphics from the past games so people have something to bitch about.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
The screen shots look great!!! I might get one of these GBA variants and play this!

Schweet! And this will be available for US release right?

The Nintendo DS is looking about 5% better to me now.

neo-geo 2

Raiden's Valet
I got to play it at E3, it plays WWAAAYYY too slow, it feals like its in slow motion the whole time...

Other than that it looked like a very solid game.

Setsuna1982

World Her,
582683_20040504_screen001.jpg
582683_20040504_screen002.jpg

582683_20040504_screen003.jpg
582683_20040504_screen004.jpg

that game redefines the word "recylcle"

Setsuna1982

World Her,
Electroman said:
Wasn't it quoted by someone else 'in the loop' that MSA would be a fruit salad of previous slugs?

but using the wheels of a boss as a new boss... is somewhat... cheap :P

Curt

apostate
This looks like its going to be fun

its going to be the first metal slug game that Costs under 50$ in a long time!

I think it'd be funny to have it running on the Gameboy player on the TV... Pretend its super nintendo or something...

Anyways the game looks good.. and I can see myself playing this while waiting in movie lines...

zer0hue

Angel's Love Slave
This is a quote from the article...

“However, hostages must still be rescued by being shot...”

Either this guy has a mere tenuous command of the English language, or he’s been spending too much time with the US Armed Forces...

B.I.GPSYCHE said:
Don't bother,CT 2 blows..
It's a hell of a lot better than CT1. That game had no knife, ducking would still get you shot in the head most of the time, and your "on the edge of a cliff" animation kept you from shooting.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
The sad thing is, the screen shots you see in this thread and on the various sites look great, but on the GBA the game will look dull and washed out. What a total waste, would have been nicer to see this game on the PSP or some other system that has a half decent screen. The GBA and GBA/SP both look like crap, one is dim and weak, the other is less dim and washed out. Take your pick, either way you lose . . . :oh_no:

chimpmeister said:
The sad thing is, the screen shots you see in this thread and on the various sites look great, but on the GBA the game will look dull and washed out. What a total waste, would have been nicer to see this game on the PSP or some other system that has a half decent screen. The GBA and GBA/SP both look like crap, one is dim and weak, the other is less dim and washed out. Take your pick, either way you lose . . . :oh_no:
Might have a bit more luck with a gameboy player...might be worth it if this isn't just a port with some new bosses. Hopefully, they'll put in a gameboy player mode for the US version (some games on that player have way too much red on the TV).

Last edited:

Hecker

Mizuki's Demon
CurtWRX said:
This looks like its going to be fun

its going to be the first metal slug game that Costs under 50$ in a long time

Yeah... the first that took Playmore less than 50$ to make. :rolleyes:

T

TheDjinn

I played it at E3 for a few minutes, and it was very slow and incomplete. It looks like it will have potential, but you can't judge it at 30% complete. I'm confident that it will be excellent when it finally comes out.

legendofspeed

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I'm too lazy to do research on the game right now. Is this metal slug linkable with a friend? Because even if it semi-sucks, I'll still play it as long as your wasting time with a buddy (wait, I don't have any friends :eek_2: )! Whoever said Metal Slug on the PSP will look nice, I agree. A "widescreen" metal slug will be awesome. I always loved side scrollers that let you see the enemy way ahead of time :drool: As a thought, this is how I think they should do it on the DS: I think they should have multi-layered levels (like Metal Slug 1 arcade). You can cover the top of the cliff as your friend helps you from below, etc. Then again, that space between the two screens can be annoying (can't predict hows bullet flow screen to screen, etc.). Then again, thats why I'm here on the forum and not working at SNK :loco: