Modifyiing Single board cabinet to multiple

SpaceBoy

n00b
Hello all.

I'm still a newb pretty much, so bare with me if it's a stupid question.

I've been trying to find myself a cabinet, and time to time I see ones such as this come up forsale...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13716&item=3291962784&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

How much work is it to modify this to allow me to hook up a 4 slot mvs board, and have it work correctly. (or is it stupid to even consider doing, because, it's just as easy to get one already setup, for a price around $450)

It appears I would need to:
1. Add a select button and wire that.
2. (Believe do something to have the stereo sound work)

Is this correct?

Knowing nothing, how big a job is this, and is there instructions somewhere. If not, can anybody list what is needed, and how to do it. I would appreciate it.

Dojang Jon

Rugal's Thug
if its jamma it should be fine. Adding buttons involves looking at a MVS pinout like at hardmvs.com and then making a "switch" (the button) between it and ground. VERY simple. As for stereo, you could either cut the wires at the Jamma and wire a new one with a On-A/On-B switch, or just cross the wires to appropriate spots. Don't spend 450 when you've already got a cab.

SpaceBoy

n00b
Dojang Jon said:
if its jamma it should be fine. Adding buttons involves looking at a MVS pinout like at hardmvs.com and then making a "switch" (the button) between it and ground. VERY simple. As for stereo, you could either cut the wires at the Jamma and wire a new one with a On-A/On-B switch, or just cross the wires to appropriate spots. Don't spend 450 when you've already got a cab.

No, No I don't have a cab... I was asking, because I was simply going to get one such as the one I linked to, and modify it for a 4 mvs board, unless of course, it was stupid to do, or hard... It sounds from what you're saying, it's not to difficult to do. I want something simple, but tired of waiting around for something already set up for a 4 slot board etc, and just want to put an order in or buy one :)

Asure

Captain Dick,
It's easy

Indeed, all that is involved is swapping a few wires for the stereo sound, and soldering one wire for the select button.