How Much Cheaper is it to Buy AES Carts in Japan?

DXMachina

Ninja Combat Warrior
Right now I have some relatives over there who could bring me back some games, but is it a lot cheaper over there? Or would it cost me the same amount if I were to just order them from somewhere?

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Carts are cheaper in Japan. The Neo was much more popular in Japan than the US. You should be able to get some good deals because you are not paying shipping.

What carts are you interested in getting?

DXMachina

Ninja Combat Warrior
I honestly don't know. I just ordered a Neo-Geo AES and SS2 and I'm not sure what I want next.

I just figure that since they are coming to the US for awhile, I'd save some money if they brought me back some stuff.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Most eBay sellers in Japan charge around $25 to ship a game EMS. You can potentially save a fair amount...AES games are much easier to find in Japan.

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Yeah, check out the prices on Rinkya... extremely cheap. Even like 6 years ago when I was there they were pretty cheap for even some new (unused) games. Japanese take major discounts off of used games.

2Dfan

Formerly "Dreamer"
20 Year Member
The only thing you can save is the shipping and maybe a few dollars on some games.

It's a fairytale that games are super-cheap there.

Hell, some games are even more expensive than Ebay prices (Radiant Silvergun comes to mind).

Maybe if you are in some small town, you can find some good deals, but places like Akihabara in Tokyo are a no-no (they do have almost every rare game released though, but you obviously pay a lot for those).