Well, finished the supergun (looks oogly =P) but got video problems....

Jagull

n00b
I managed to get the supergun done but have problems with the video.

I turn it on with a KoF98 cart and i get hit with a few screens:
- scrambled (sometimes white)
- sea green (sometimes with blocks)
- blue (sometimes with blocks)
- green (sometimes with blocks)
- blank/black

after that nothing ;_;

i'm testing it using composite since i have no s-video cable handy

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
Sounds like the contacts on your games may need cleaning. I've seen similar problems on my AES due to a poor connection between the game and the board.

Jagull

n00b
well the '98 cart had pretty dirty contacts, however the cleaning didnt fix the problem. I've tested it with 2 other carts as well and no go. Later tonight i've go and retrace all the wiring

edit;
well wiring looks all ok, but still get the problem. I'll run out tomorrow and pick up an s-vid cable

-_-

Last edited:

Jagull

n00b
ah, i only cleaned the carts and not the pcb contacts. I'll pick some of that contact cleaner as well

:-/

Jagull

n00b
sweet! seems to be the compsite video doesnt work right. Plugged in a s-vid cable then boom Hardware Test :buttrock: now i just gotta fix the hacked Saturn pad to get all the buttons to work

quick question
what are the functions of the 8 dipswitches on the board

thanks all & NGT for putting up with all them questions i asked him =P

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Dip #1: Test mode (requires restart)
Dip #7: Freeplay
Dip #8: Freeze Mode

I don't know what the rest do.... Not realy important I suppose....

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
Dip 1 = Setting Mode (puts you into test mode on reboot)

Dip 2 = Coin Mode (allows for vs mode and will display 2 credit counters instead of 1 on JPN and EURO Bios.

Dip 3 = Nothing, not supported on my 4-slot. Maybe it does something for others but not here.

Dips 4, 5 and 6 (which are called communication dips according to the manual) seem to have some strange effects when playing games. In KOF titles if you have Dip 4 on as soon as 1-Up presses start it will select the first three charas that the cursor starts on, KOF 98 results in you always getting Kyo, Benimaru and Daimon for example. Dip 6 will do the same for 2-Up. I'm unsure of what Dip 5 actually does. The only game so far that I have found to be unaffected by Dips 4, 5 and 6 is KOF 96.

Dip 7 = Free Play (Yay)

Dip 8 = Stop Mode (Pause to you and me)

Last edited:

johnkiddier

Kabuki Klasher
Dip switch 8 .... :[

I pugged my MVS in the other day only to get a garbled screen, tried everything but still no dice.

So, I take apart my supergun, check fuses, wiring edge conector, then take apart my PSU looking for anything out of place..... then on hardware test I notice dip 8 is activated.......

Spent hours for nothing.

Oh well......