New KOF: MI E3 Trailer + Gameplay Impressions

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
It maybe just me but did I see Iori sporting a new outfit? Shorten red hair with a a red shirt and jeans.

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
Kim Kaphwan said:
It maybe just me but did I see Iori sporting a new outfit? Shorten red hair with a a red shirt and jeans.

Indeed, I saw it too, looked like a mix between Another Iori and Yashiro. When I first saw it, I was like, "WTF?!? Is that Yashiro with Red Hair?"

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
the game looks awesome

edit: while i didnt get the actual video from this thread to work, the one i saw had iori in his classic outfit.

Last edited:

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I´ve watched it in slow-mo, so here´s what i´ve noticed:

Iori - Open red shirt, dark red gloves and grey jeans

Yuri - Red top, brown shorts and gloves and black boots (it may not be Yuri - she has a flashkick)

Some cool-looking gal with Bison-like red outfit (Maybe Lien - she has long white hair and it´s always with her back to us in the video)

A girl with grey outfit (shorts and top) and short brown hair

Rob Python from Buriki One (or someone just like him)

Mignon in a white bunny-looking outfit

I also have to add this is by far the best those moves have ever looked. The animation is really great!

Last edited:

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
(Not trying to argue, just trying to clear this up)

Ok, you have the one that starts off with Rock VS Leona right? (I assume they're the same video because they're the same file size, and the one from the link on this page is dling at 2kb. i got mine from the "just news" e3 thread) Well then either Iori has an alternate costume or the guy with the open red shirt is someone else. I clearly see the words "Iori Yagami" by the lifebar and, well...i see Iori under it.

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Shirt in a Can said:
(Not trying to argue, just trying to clear this up)

Ok, you have the one that starts off with Rock VS Leona right? (I assume they're the same video because they're the same file size, and the one from the link on this page is dling at 2kb. i got mine from the "just news" e3 thread) Well then either Iori has an alternate costume or the guy with the open red shirt is someone else. I clearly see the words "Iori Yagami" by the lifebar and, well...i see Iori under it.

43+ mega...

After the looong CG stuff, it says "New order" and it starts with Leona vs Rock. Alternate Iori appears twice: once in close up (pre-fight intro) and later being hit by Kyo.

What did i mention that you don´t see in your video?

Last edited:

FormlessOne

Chin's Drinking Partner
I saw Rob Python too, with Ryo's life bar for some reason. This game is so mine :drool:

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
FormlessOne said:
Who that red person fighting Rock? That's not Ash is it?

Not sure. I may be Lien´s alternate... Or a new character (more likely, since her name shows up as "Ryo Sakazaki").

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Could someone else host the E3 movie file? PIGN's bandwidth just got destroyed.

FormlessOne

Chin's Drinking Partner
Dio_Brando said:
Not sure. I may be Lien´s alternate... Or a new character (more likely, since her name shows up as "Ryo Sakazaki").

I got to looking at it closley and it looks like Lien, the character's movements are very much like that of a female. And their hair is about the same shape. Yuri is shown with an alt costume and her life bar reads Ryo as well. I figured Ash was too new of a character to throw in here anyway. I'll be keeping an eye on this game for sure...

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
"Stages: Lost World (three versions), Live House, South Town (two versions), Parking Area, Nude Place (three versions), Iron Hell , Airport (two versions), Downtown (two versions. "

Angband?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
vishema said:
Who the hell is Chae Lin ? what? TKD UNIFORM! :eek: :D
She has Kim's movelist. I don't know if Kim himself is in this game, bur he wasn't playable on the version they had. There were some question marks on the character select screen still (maybe needed to be unlocked). One other thing, in case anyone's obsessive enough to wonder: Terry has his rising tackle even in his MotW outfit.

For what it's worth, I enjoyed this game more than I expected to. I'm going to buy it.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
What an impressive video! The in-game footage really made my decision quite easy -- I will buy this game on launch day. Even though you can't judge a book by its cover, the footage in that video seems to portray a game that is faithful to its 2D counterpart in both execution and style. The characters all seem to act like their 2D cousins; the combos, specials, etc., all seem to animate the same, and you can tell this is KOF. I was expecting something that barely gave resemblance to the series, but boy, was I wrong! This is also hard to nail down in mere words, but the characters seem to have a very likeable style about them. They really do look like their Neo-Geo counterparts but with a modern flare; I am duly impressed.

Last edited:

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Dio_Brando said:
I also have to add this is by far the best those moves have ever looked. The animation is really great!

3d models still don't have expressive faces, though.