What board is this

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
That is a good score :tickled: , it is missing the roms, there are 4 socketed roms/eproms (I put some in just for the piccy) So I will program a set for it from the mame dump.
The board is otherwise in excellent condition :)

Your not going to beleive this, but I found it in the works skip bin, was dumping some shit and saw it sitting there, I have 7 techs at the workshop, Id say one of them picked it up somewhere didnt know what it was and dumped it in the skip, they all deny knowledge. Anyway Im happy, just hope I can get it going, its a great shmup game.
Thanks SeaWolf69 and John_Smith.

John_Smith

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Hrmm............let us know how you fare with getting it going man, seems a bit strange that the ROMS/EPROMS would have been taken out and the rest thrown away for no reason. Especially being such a highly reveared shooter!! :spock:

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
John_Smith said:
Hrmm............let us know how you fare with getting it going man, seems a bit strange that the ROMS/EPROMS would have been taken out and the rest thrown away for no reason. Especially being such a highly reveared shooter!! :spock:

Strange indeed, especially as it turned up in the bin ready for the dump, I have not been able to work out how it got there, we ditch heaps of faulty pcbs (not arcade related) how a Battle Garegga gets in there (or any other jamma boardset unless I throw it in), is beyond me. Its not a board I picked up from my friendly arcade vendor, its really strange, anyway where ever it came from hope I can get it going.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Curiouser and curiouser said Alice.

I located the guy who threw the board away, he removed the eproms and kept them one side (dont know why as he doesnt have a programmer, like a magpie I guess) anyway fitted the eproms, no boot just a white raster and a pair of CY7C185 68K srams getting stinking hot, replaced these, they now run cool but it hasnt fixed the problem. I noticed that a few pins on the 208 pin smd Toaplan custom chip are lifted slightly (this may have been a result of the way the board has been handled) will reflow the solder and hope for the best.
Could be the ram was the original fault- compounded by various other events.
I have a good feeling about this

Last edited: