Boring E3

jruizleon

Crazed MVS Addict
Left after an hour, SNK booth had a few games, nothing new. Not as much freebies as previous years. The E3's are best when there are new systems to show. Doom3 still inside a booth, no screens to watch, you had to wait in line. Also a line to wait in for the new DS GB. The highlight was the PSP, they had that thing running the Spiderman movie trailer. You couldn't play it, it was mounted on a wall. Looks awsome!

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
TonK said:
I'd love to mash on your wifes hogs...
You don't have photoshop on your computer?

Anyhow, I thought this E3 was as good as any since they've held them here, and I found more to interest me this year than last. But one day was plenty.

rimm_rs

Banned
E3 has been boring for years. I used to work in the game industry and went to E3 form 95-03. Each year it got lamer and lamer. It's just that what is done is the saem as last year. They usually even reuse the same booths over and over (understandable due to the high costs) and very little that is "new" is announced.

aria

Former Moderator
I went to the first three e3s in LA and I thought they got progressively more boring in terms of "flash". In terms of news, they've been about the same.

It wasn't just the "novelty", either. '99 was pre-internet bust so the companies were going apeshit with their money (although the only big news was the debut of the DC, which was neat -but nothing like 2001 or even this year's two new portables). The free stuff was never all that interesting to me.

Last edited:

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Bobak said:
I went to the first three e3s in LA and I thought they got progressively more boring in terms of "flash". In terms of news, they've been about the same.

It wasn't just the "novelty", either. '99 was pre-internet bust so the companies were going apeshit with their money (although the only big news was the debut of the DC, which was neat -but nothing like 2001 or even this year's two new portables). The free stuff was never all that interesting to me.

when SEGA ran the show it was the shit.
fucking JSR shit and Space channel 5 dancers.
I don't know though. seeing all the new portable stuff was pretty interesting
from this side of things.
I think ya'll are forgetting. E3 was never really intended for the public.
more of the media to communicate this to the public though that's not what the
public seems to believe anymore as you see every one and their mom at E3.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
jruizleon said:
Left after an hour, SNK booth had a few games, nothing new. Not as much freebies as previous years. The E3's are best when there are new systems to show. Doom3 still inside a booth, no screens to watch, you had to wait in line. Also a line to wait in for the new DS GB. The highlight was the PSP, they had that thing running the Spiderman movie trailer. You couldn't play it, it was mounted on a wall. Looks awsome!
Uh, Doom 3 was on demo in the Microsoft booth, on at least a dozen machines.

No offense, but honestly it looks JUST as good on the bocks.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Buro Destruct said:
Uh, Doom 3 was on demo in the Microsoft booth, on at least a dozen machines.

No offense, but honestly it looks JUST as good on the bocks.

eh? maybe if the PC was a 733 with a geforce 3 or something.

PC doom 3 > xbox doom3 no fucking c o n t e s t

and HL2? aww mr box can't pull that off as nice.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
kernow said:
eh? maybe if the PC was a 733 with a geforce 3 or something.

PC doom 3 > xbox doom3 no fucking c o n t e s t

and HL2? aww mr box can't pull that off as nice.

Neither can the neo... what's your point?

:loco: