E3 "Just News" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
[Bobak Edit: This thread is a copy of the MAIN e3 NEWS THREAD, only cut down to the actual tidbits of news (hence all the "deleted message" notes everywhere). Please do not post in this thread unless you have news, I will delete what I deem to be non-news. This should help the people who're just tuning in to get the update, and help people who've forgot the smaller details]

Since E3 is two days away, since news is currently being leaked today, since everyone's bound to post that news, and since I plan on posting while I'm there, I'm creating this thread as a place to post all of your E3 news and discussions.

So, keep it afloat over the next few days.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

Up first is a new Donkey Kong game for the cube that uses the Donkey Konga controllers. The game is NOT DONKEY KONGA, but a seperate game---a side scroller.

The drums control donkey kongs movements, and, when zoomed in, his right and left fists.

Interesting stuff....

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
All the DS, PSP, and Sega's big announcement news is supposedly going to be revealed tomorrow, which is the first day of Conferences and technically of the Expo. Unfortunately we're unlikely to actually SEE anything until the 12th when the show actually opens.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
OOPS, THESE JUST DROPPED OUT OF MY COMPUTER:
562116_20040510_screen002.jpg

562116_20040510_screen001.jpg

562116_20040510_screen003.jpg

562116_20040510_screen004.jpg

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
qube said:
Hey KA or Buro. I know you're going to be busy this week at the show, but if you have time could you try and get some info on Sakutai coming to the States? Maybe just let me know if you see anything or hear any rumblings ;)

Thanks homos :loco:

Q-

Sure, no problem.
------OR, I could buzz your house in the Vic Viper and drop a spread bomb directly on your fucking HEAD.

SAKURA TAISEN?!
There won't even be a murmur of it at this game show!
And if there is, I'm afraid either Bill Rizer will murder the man speaking it; or Snake will slit his throat from behind.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Moving on...

The Nintendo DS has finally been revealed
...and personally, I enjoyed my idea better.

11-nintendo-inside.jpg

the real image? or just a mock-up?

Nintendo unveiling a new portable
By Steven Kent, Special forUSA TODAY
LOS ANGELES — Video game giant Nintendo, facing increased competition in the market for handheld entertainment, will have a new portable out this fall with twin color screens, sharper graphics and the feel of a PDA. The Nintendo DS — short for dual-screen — will be unveiled Tuesday morning at the annual Electronic Entertainment Expo game industry gathering.

You might be able to fool people into thinking your Nintendo DS is a PDA. But turn off the volume just to be safe.
Nintendo

The Nintendo DS — short for dual-screen — will be unveiled Tuesday morning at the annual Electronic Entertainment Expo game industry gathering. The DS will sell alongside today's Game Boy Advance, not replace it, according to the company. Nintendo has not announced a release date or price, though analysts predict it may sell in the $150 range.

One of the two 3-inch screens is touch-sensitive and works with a stylus — like Palms and Pocket PCs — to control the action in some games. In one demo, players guide a toddler-age Mario as he falls from the sky by drawing clouds. Other games give multiple views of the action.

The DS also has Bluetooth wireless communication to connect with other units within range for cordless competition. DS has separate slots for current Game Boy Advance cartridges and new, smaller DS game cards.

DS is largely viewed as Nintendo's response to Sony's PlayStation Portable, or PSP, a new system that will play both movies and video games stored on mini DVD discs. Sony has announced plans to release PSP in Japan later this year and in the USA in 2005.

"I have not seen the PSP," says Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto, creator of the famous Mario, Zelda and Donkey Kong characters. "The screen, I believe, is bigger than a DS screen, and I am sure it will have excellent graphic quality." But, he adds, "the PSP will not be able to display anything that you cannot do on a current system. ... We want to do things that you could not do before. We are looking at the creative end."

The DS has slightly more processing power than the Nintendo 64 console released in 1996. While that's nowhere near today's top game-system graphical capabilities, two- and three-dimensional game images, when viewed on DS screens, are surprisingly crisp.

Sony's PSP, reported to be only slightly less powerful than the PlayStation 2, will have a higher-resolution screen and more graphics power. The price has not yet been announced, though estimates have ranged to $250 and up.

Having sold more than 168 million Game Boys worldwide since 1989, Nintendo dominates the handheld game market, even as it's losing market share in console systems to Sony and Microsoft. Over the past 15 years, such companies as Sega, NEC, SNK and most recently cell phone giant Nokia have launched nine competing portable game systems without much success.

Fat Cat Lim 2

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I'm surprised nobody here realised that its design is a throwback to their old vertical multiscreen Game & Watch handheld games.

Tony_N

Astra Superstar
Names of 4 DS games appeared..?:

DS Metroid Prime Hunters
DS Picto-Cha
DS Super Mario 4 x 4
WarioWare Inc. DS

Link

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
Me and my brother are bring with us 2 dig. cams and a laptop so we hope to get some pics up when we get back to the hotel we will do our best to get them up a.s.a.p. if not we will have them up sat. night when we get back home*
we will also be bringing a video cam. but i dont have the know how to put videos on my comp. or host them.. :drool:

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
I'm currently watching the SCEA Conference, and I'm bored out of my mind.

He's talking about using the cell processors to create a cyber world, using all sorts of terms like "jack in" etc,. Pretty crazy.

But...

Show some fucking games already!

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
CurtWRX said:
Did anyone catch The Sony Live Press Confrence... I'm at school and I couldn't catch it.. I tried to access it in the CT lab but they're proxies are all weird...

Theres a Nintendo one in half an hour.

The sony press conference was boring as hell, but beautiful.
Typically Sony.
Aesthetically pleasing---but as far as games go? Shallow as shit.
Nothing interesting at all.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
taken from gamespot.com

Today at Sony's E3 press conference, the company showed off the first wave of games for its upcoming portable, the PSP. However, instead of merely announcing titles, SCEA CEO and President Kaz Hirai showed off gameplay footage, although none on the device itself.

Conference attendees were treated to a dizzying video montage of new versions of many classic PlayStation 2 titles which looked almost identical to their original versions. Clips of Gran Turismo, Ridge Racer, Wipeout, Dynasty Warriors, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Medievil, Ape Escape, Spider-Man, Metal Gear Solid, and a Capcom fighting game were shown in rapid succession--and to an enthusiastic response from the crowd.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Well, there's a wipeout game on the PSP.
I guess that settles it, I'll be buying the stupid thing.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Well, the Nintendo live show is about to start up.
Hopefully the 60 second-between-posts rule won't hinder my efforts too much.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
@Mushiki: Nintendo said the DS will not replace GBA, but be the '3rd pillar', blah blah blah.

and 18% doesn't mean exclusivity. Exclusive releases costs 51% ;)

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Rade Kuruc said:
I am somewhat underwhelmed by the DS so far. I know Ive oly seen one screen of it, but it still looks like we're going to see how the games stack up.

Sony PSP will likely do well. Put all of the SOny PS1/2 hits on it and it's going to sell.

Nintendo might have trouble having people buy the DS, but it's backwards compatibility will serve it very well. Plus the built in bluetooth. Plus the price of 150. As long as they can deliver Mario DS (which just might be Mario 64), I'll but it.

I'm taking a wait and see on PSP. Wait and see how long it takes to break.

For some reason, I really doubt thats the actual DS, since as many people pointed out in this thread, Nintendo said the screens would be pretty much flush.

son_of_bael

Host for Orochi
couple more thoughts on the PSP and DS. both machines are designed for 3D games primarily (well, PSP is, and one of the DS processers is), but the controls don't look analogue. Its difficult to see in the PSP pic, but the fact that that pic of the DS definitely just has a standard d-pad makes me think its not the real one.

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
psp.jpg

Wow... actually I change my mind... now it looks too small. Like smaller than is comfortable... odd It looks much larger than it really is...

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
So far:

Microsoft Press conference was totally uninspired---save for the Halo 2 demo. I mean, no real interesting games at all...and their main announcement was the EA joint? Really weak.

Sony Press conference was the biggest snooze fest I've ever seen. While the PSP was shown with great graphics...no price was announced. And all i watched was an asian man who could barely speak english talk about the specifics of future videogame technology; that's like a blind man teaching me how to drive. Get the fuck out of here.

Nintendos Press conference....????? Who knows. But IGN Editors are dropping huge hints about giant surprises and a return to Nintendo listening to its fanbase. So, I'm hoping for some interesting developments.

Status
Not open for further replies.