CHOUTETSU BRIKIN´GER - Lost Neo shooter?

Robi15

20 Year Member
Ok, I know I'm asking about many games, but these seem to be forgotten or ignored. I donno.

CHOUTETSU BRIKIN´GER. I noticed this on Neo masterlist but not on the MVS list. Does it have any other name?

The shooter looks good and a german site has given it 4 stars out of 5!
http://www.daddelkingz.de/

Comments about this game?
Thank you all..

Robi15

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
Its English name is Ironclad. It is usually found on CD (not cheap), but it exists in MVS form.... Quite rare though...

Keith

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Ironclad is a CD only game.
It was originally intended to be on all 3 NeoGeo formats of AES, MVS, and CD, but only the CD was made.

There were a few test AES cartridges made, because all games are made on AES cartridge first. The developers kit is a modified AES system.

Dion www.neogeofreak.com

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
But there are some MVS copies floating around. Whether they are real or eproms, no one will know. Too many people have reported seeing Ironclad. Even seen screenshots from Neo Rage from a person in Japan who claims to have the MVS cart (Which means he dumped it at least).

Keith

Dion

I can claim I played SS5 on MVS, so what.

The pictures you saw were fakes.
I have the AES cart so I know what it looks like.

Dion

www.neogeofreak.com

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
I beleive IronClad exists on MVS, thats why I listed it on the Master List. I sortof equate it with games like Futsal, which is known (and printed as such in japanese Neogeofreak) to be a CD exclusive title. Yet it exists on MVS.

In the case of Bri'kinger, I think its the same sort of situation - just at an even smaller level than pleasure goal. and pleasure goal MVS is one of THE rarest MVS carts. I think it might be limited to a handful of promotional carts. Where are these carts now you ask? Probably in some unknown arcade op's closet gathering dust. My bet is one or more will turn up eventually.

John

Dion

WEll, until these CD only games turn up on MVS cartridge, they should NOT be listed as MVS games.

Proof is in the pudding.

Wait till someone can confirm they have a MVS copy before saying it is an MVS game.

I know for a fact it was never made as a MVS.
It even says so in NeoGeoFreak.
And NeoGeoFreak-Japan IS/WAS a branch of SNK-Japan. They would not be wrong.

Dion
www.neogeofreak.com

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
I don't have the game, but I played it (CD ver). on my friends house once. It's fairly good, but I liked Pulstar better. It's one of the most, if not most, rare games for the cd. Yet, I don't think it's worth the price it goes for on ebay. It's basically only one rare game that I am missing on my cd collection, but I don't want to pay that much for a game that I will probably play few times.