Modifying MVS inserts

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Now that i've gotten into the MVS scene (2weeks now). I really want to pretty up my carts with Shockboxes and inserts, etc. Looking around sites I notice that all the inserts that have been made for the MVS carts look pretty much identical to the AES counterpart. Although I think thats cool, i think that the MVS cart should be identified as such. Heres a pic of what im talkin about. Its a very simple modification to an existing insert available to all of us.

testMVS.jpg

All i did was replace the NEO-GEO Advanced Entertainment System logo with the MVS multi video system one. Also added the Neo Ball on the back.

Just wondering what you all think of this.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Another thing I came across through all my searches, etc was a Color system for games by Genre. Im not sure who really started this idea (if it was SNKs intent or not) I'll admit it that the document i read came from NGF.

I have to admit that i like the idea. So I'll be doing that also to all my cart inserts.

Dont know if ill be takin the color code exactly as NGF uses (gives me the creeps) unless someone can verify that it was indeed the intent of SNK to do this with their games and the color code per genre etc.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
All I've had is request to release images that resemble the NGH inserts. I thought about modifying just about everything long ago but that's very time consuming. I have stuff now that I had to sit to the side because of alot of editing and modifications that need to be done.
Actually the home insert and the MVS should remain similar given that it's ALL Neo Geo Advanced Entertainment.
More stuff to come.. Kinkos this week for sure..should have enough made up.
-BB

SHO

Raiden's Valet
I am very happy about the inserting looking like the ngh counter part...

if custom style is required... then it is simple... you create your own... all the template is available to be downloaded

if custom insert is created... it may not suit everyones taste... a ngh counter part will make a larger audience happy! ;)

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
BIG BEAR said:
All I've had is request to release images that resemble the NGH inserts. I thought about modifying just about everything long ago but that's very time consuming. I have stuff now that I had to sit to the side because of alot of editing and modifications that need to be done.
Actually the home insert and the MVS should remain similar given that it's ALL Neo Geo Advanced Entertainment.
More stuff to come.. Kinkos this week for sure..should have enough made up.
-BB

Heh, keepin us in suspense!
How about a sneeky news update for the neo-geo family!?

For a lot of people, i would imagine it is quite a task to re-do stuff and NGH inserts are kickass as it is. I just feel a need to distinguish MVS carts from AES (although Shockboxes do this in their own way). So i wanted to know your thoughts and youve given me just that.

thank you.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
The birth of Classic-Shock

Good Times.........truly where it all began for me.

Sumez

The Ultimate 11
I like the idea. I'm not sure if I find it necesary, but others might want it on their MVS inserts.

You could just make a transperent EPS file that you can use to "overlap" the original file when printing out through a DTP program like QuarkXpress or Adobe InDesign. And if you want to convert existing MVS inserts, just use InDesign to export as an EPS.

I think the MVS logo is too big, though. It looks clumsy.

Sumez

The Ultimate 11
A more subtle change would be to change "advanced entertainment system" into "multiple video system" and make it the same width, and keep the NEO GEO there.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Sumez said:
A more subtle change would be to change "advanced entertainment system" into "multiple video system" and make it the same width, and keep the NEO GEO there.

Thanks for the feedback but this is an old thread. I was just bumping it back for some of you that might get a kick out of it like i did.

Sumez

The Ultimate 11
Oh yeah, you're right. Stuff like that should be more evident :S
It's not -that- old, though.
So what became of it? Enlighten me.

onefortheride

Dodgeball Yakuza
haha ... i never saw that. thanks for bumping that NeoCvera. glad to see you didnt mod em like that.