METAL SLUG! for game boy color

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
Simply amazing. The first that that has surprised in about a month. Looks pretty damn good for GBC.

Curt

apostate
Although it does look like a adecent adaptation... I think it's in very bad taste to make a video game about September the 11th....even if its only the intro.. Sure we have games on WWII, but a substantial period has passed... Aside from the occaisonal Osama Bin Laden skin in Counterstrike... I think it's in poor taste.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
The screen shots look pretty decent for a gbc game. I'm not really sure why they chose to include all the 9-11 mess though.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
CurtWRX said:
Although it does look like a adecent adaptation... I think it's in very bad taste to make a video game about September the 11th....even if its only the intro.. Sure we have games on WWII, but a substantial period has passed... Aside from the occaisonal Osama Bin Laden skin in Counterstrike... I think it's in poor taste.

I would say that is the last thing on a bootlegger's mind, don't you think?
It's not like this would destroy the brand name credibility of bootlegs everywhere. Can you imagine the following conversation taking place?

At the street corner of a bustling avenue

Bootlegger #1: What's the latest findings in the consumer polls?

Bootlegger #2: According to the polls, there is brewing anger and antagonistic sentiments against products that employ strategic placements of images of the twin tower collapse. If we begin to market this game, it could greatly erode our current market penetration of 10% in places with highly nationalistic sentiments, such as America, down to 5% or lower.

Bootlegger #1: Hmmm, I see. Very well, enact a mass product recall.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
I want roms and roms stripped of that stupid ass intro.

Curt

apostate
bokmeow said:
I would say that is the last thing on a bootlegger's mind, don't you think?
It's not like this would destroy the brand name credibility of bootlegs everywhere. Can you imagine the following conversation taking place?

At the street corner of a bustling avenue

Bootlegger #1: What's the latest findings in the consumer polls?

Bootlegger #2: According to the polls, there is brewing anger and antagonistic sentiments against products that employ strategic placements of images of the twin tower collapse. If we begin to market this game, it could greatly erode our current market penetration of 10% in places with highly nationalistic sentiments, such as America, down to 5% or lower.

Bootlegger #1: Hmmm, I see. Very well, enact a mass product recall.

Well I understand the bootleg aspect, but you know at first glance I thought it was a game geared towards angry middle easterns who hate the US... As if it were portraying those screenshots in a positive light... Yeah no doubt a Bootlegger doesn't care anything about taste.
But my opinion on the matter remains the same...

It's in poor taste.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
CurtWRX said:
Well I understand the bootleg aspect, but you know at first glance I thought it was a game geared towards angry middle easterns who hate the US... As if it were portraying those screenshots in a positive light... Yeah no doubt a Bootlegger doesn't care anything about taste.
But my opinion on the matter remains the same...

It's in poor taste.

I thought it was the other way around, geared toward angry Americans who hate Osama bid Laden:

[Warning: Taken from the intro text of Terrifying 911. Some hilarious Engrish ensues.]

To give back terrorist's activity a good hit, the White House/the Pentagon takes a rapid action and sends out the most excellent specially trained soldiers to go at the major base of terrorists in Afghanistan...

Image8.jpg

Last edited:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
bokmeow said:
I thought it was the other way around, geared toward angry Americans who hate Osama bid Laden:

[Warning: Taken from the intro text of Terrifying 911. Some hilarious Engrish ensues.]
Yeah, that definitely sounds like it's a game for people who want kill Osama bin Laden. Very interesting screenshots for a Game Boy Color game.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
shit.
that fucking rules man.
I gotta get me some.

Last edited:

Herzog Drei

Ace Ghost Pilot
The most technically adept MADNESS that ever graced the GBC!! :eek:

Why they didn't make this a 'real' release is beyond me....SNK should recruit those programmers!! :buttrock:

And give them a slap in the face for teh bad taste-together with the paycheck... :smirk: