Neo CD BLACK AND WHITE?!?!?!?!

jeff2417

n00b
Hello all,

Just booted up a recently purchased Neo CD Top loader...sound is fine, but no matter if I use S-Video or Composite, I get the picture in Black and White! What's the deal? Ruled out my $100.00 Monster Cables, so what could it be? How can I fix it? Or is my system just fried? The games work, loads quietly, and play fine.

AARRGH!

jeff.
(please help)

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Is your TV NTSC? If you connect a PAL device to an NTSC TV or a NTSC device to a PAL TV you'll get this kind of problem.

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
where did you get it from?

Are you sure it is NTSC? IF its a brazillian model.... it can play in black in white.
Did it come with the black and silver box?
That is ok, because these PAL systems can be modded fairly easily.

The PAL Euro models will not play at all supposively on our TV's.
These systems cannt be modded easily at all..... supposively. I am just going by what a supplier told me about 1 year back... as they had 10 Euro pal systems and couldn't do anything with them because the mod jobs wouldn't work for them. They were all new systems.

I guess the best way to tell is what the language of the manual is :)

†B†V†

jeff2417

n00b
Well, no manual, no stickers telling me if its PAL or NTSC...But It looks, sounds, and plays great....only in B&W! Hmmm...How can I mod this to make sure it's NTSC?

Thanks,
jeff.

jeff2417

n00b
Well,

I did a search and found that this IS a PAL system. I'm going to try just cutting the jumper and not changing the resistor, since it looks good already.

:buttrock:

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
I think you can tell by opening it up.... or sending it to someone that knows exactly what they are looking for.

But there should be jumpers or something notifying which it is....

I'd have to take a look insides... its been awhile since I have, I cannot remember the labels...etc.

jeff2417

n00b
jeff2417 said:
Well,

I did a search and found that this IS a PAL system. I'm going to try just cutting the jumper and not changing the resistor, since it looks good already.

:buttrock:

k THAT didn't work...lol

gotta pick up a resistor...

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
an easy solution would be to just buy a jrok and solder it in....