How is Sonic Wings 2 compared to other shooters?

Covanent Elite

New Challenger
Life Force
Giga Wing 2
Gaiares
Galactic Attack
Mars Matrix

Those are some of my favorites

I have Ikaruga on the way too.

How is Sonic Wings 2? Is it good? Bad, does it have cool super shots like Gigawing?

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
I like Sonic Wings 2...it's a great game that is a load of fun to play! It has nice graphics; but not near as good as Pulstar. This was the first Neo shooter I ever played in the arcades. It was awesome then and it still is today. It is much easier than ViewPoint.

jocappy

Another Striker
Neo Ash said:
I like Sonic Wings 2...it's a great game that is a load of fun to play! It has nice graphics; but not near as good as Pulstar. This was the first Neo shooter I ever played in the arcades. It was awesome then and it still is today. It is much easier than ViewPoint.

Yes easier than viewpoint, but pulstar is harder than blazing star!

Hellsing

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Sonic wing 2 is good but if you have Ikaruga on its way. Sw2 is not in its league.

matrimelee99

NEST Puppet
Just picked up the MVS kit from the Neostore as an impulse buy (it was payday, I HAD to feed the beast) and I must say I'm pleasantly surprised. You can't compare it Ikaruga because they're from 2 different eras, but it does hold it's own. If you like Psikyo style shmups Aero Fighters 2 is worth picking up. As a side note I read that some of the people who worked for Psikyo worked for Video System.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Ikaruga = God like

Honestly, Ikaruga is one of the best shooters I've played in a long time. I'm totally hooked to it.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Aero fighters 2 & 3 are ace shooting games, love them. However classic shooters are classically vert orientated, vertical shooting on a horizontal monitor is not quit the same imho. I have Aero Fighters original (vert) board and sometimes prefer to play that.

EDIT
BTW nothing against hrizontal scrolling shooters, Blazing Star, Pulstar are great games, even Andro Dunos. Really like that R-Type thing.

Last edited:
Sonic Wings 2 sucks big fat floppy donkey dick.

The music is the worst ever in a shooter. Uh sorry its not music, but "organized noise".

The graphics, while better than Ghost Pilots, still are depressing. The explosions are acceptable.

The levels are too short... but the game is so shitty, maybe that's a good thing.

The intermissions are the gheyest ever on the NEO... Ninja Commando's are better.

And WTF is up with the 2 all bonus levels where you collect 20x as many powerups as you need?

The only saving grace the game has, is that the bosses are really good. I'm most impressed with how the Level 1 boss explodes. The final boss is a hoot as well, esp in his 'Kirby stay puft' form. Its a riot. And different endings for each player is a good touch.

BTW, I'm a shooter addict, so my comments may be harsher than reality.

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
Electroman said:
Sonic Wings 2 sucks big fat floppy donkey dick.

The music is the worst ever in a shooter. Uh sorry its not music, but "organized noise".

Wow, this is maybe the worst review of that game I've ever seen...

I personnally love that game even if I perfectly know it can't reach the top shooters. Still a great moment a fun.

Fredscape said:
I hope so because I just bought 2 & 3 :glee:

If you end up liking them, all the power to you man!

Trissee said:
Wow, this is maybe the worst review of that game I've ever seen...

I personnally love that game even if I perfectly know it can't reach the top shooters. Still a great moment a fun.

Sorry if I sounded harsh but yea I'm not surprised if you feel it may have been the worst review ever for this game :) Its all on what you like!

Its like Last Resort... the game is great if you play 1P, as you always go back to get powerups and almost always have the sphere. but playing 2P can suck and be hella hard.