is this site and all the collectors sending prices......

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
through the fucking roof that much??????

i bought an rb2 cart (aes) about 9 months ago for about y12500.

i sold it about 3 months ago for about y6000

i saw two of them today in denden for fucking y28000.

never seen them that high anywhere... not even close...

?

Curt

apostate
... sold it for 6000... wow someone got a steal... JP I imagine???

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I don't think so. This site could print anything it wants, but that doesn't mean that the market will bear it. If a game gets too high, I'll just buy the MVS version.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I feel this site overly pushes US releases.

especially as when a new NGH comes out we usually see the US insert here, I want the original japanese releases to get as much coverage. The store definately effects US stuff, rotd? slug5 .. 'classic' insert packs anyone? wheres playmores 'gift' to the JPN NGH collectors, we want .. insert packs.. wait , no we don't at all, our inserts aren't made after the others, I guess.

a) improvement in jpn ngh promoting (remember this is not US only ngh fanclub)
b) less of this 'RARE ROTD US' - its only rare because.. well you know..

galfordo said:
I don't think so. This site could print anything it wants, but that doesn't mean that the market will bear it. If a game gets too high, I'll just buy the MVS version.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
kernow said:
I feel this site overly pushes US releases.

especially as when a new NGH comes out we usually see the US insert here, I want the original japanese releases to get as much coverage. The store definately effects US stuff, rotd? slug5 .. 'classic' insert packs anyone? wheres playmores 'gift' to the JPN NGH collectors, we want .. insert packs.. wait , no we don't at all, our inserts aren't made after the others, I guess.

I agree with you, they most certainly do push US releases over JPN stuff. But I can't really blame them for it, as the NeoStore has the exclusive rights to the US releases, and advertising your own stuff is part of running a business.

I guess you could say that it's hyping rather than advertising, and that makes it wrong, but that seems like a judgement call. I can't really bring myself to blame them for it, but I can understand both sides of the argument I guess.

Hellsing

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I have to agree with this the prices and push for the US carts do seam unjust. But what can you do this place is the source and collecters make up the prices.

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Generally speaking, English releases have always ended up costing more on the secondary market than Japanese releases. It has been thus since loooooong before this site ever popped up.

Perhaps this site perpetuates the high pricing, perhaps it doesn't. The meer fact that a community has a more or less centralized place to gather in and of itself provides a forum to feed the market for such items. If this site were not here and there were no other Neo site with as much activity, it is conceivable that prices may drop, but in reality, I don't think that would happen. eBay would see to that.

Hellsing

B. Jenet's Firstmate
And US cart prices being higher doesn't really surprize me just simply because of the population. But I do find it odd the certain JP only carts isn't worth more because of the print run being so low. And no I'm not trying to put the JP cart prices up just speaking my mind. Oh well just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
umm you can look at any console and the us version of the same japanese game will be more expensive 99% of the time. it has something to do with the production runs and the ability to understand the fuxing game.

not everyone buys them for the pretty letters. and now that there is a set goal (gotts ta collect them all! 151 poke...neo games to become a po..neo master!) you can bet your ass collectors will be looking to complete a complete US run.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
FeelGood said:
umm you can look at any console and the us version of the same japanese game will be more expensive 99% of the time. it has something to do with the production runs and the ability to understand the fuxing game.

not everyone buys them for the pretty letters. and now that there is a set goal (gotts ta collect them all! 151 poke...neo games to become a po..neo master!) you can bet your ass collectors will be looking to complete a complete US run.

lots of useful info in this thread... to say that i know virtually nothing of the collecting scene would be an understatement. i was shocked when i saw how much the price had jumped. maybe it has something to do with the jump to aw and release of ss0spc... like absolute confirmation of the death of aes...

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
beelzebubble said:
lots of useful info in this thread... to say that i know virtually nothing of the collecting scene would be an understatement. i was shocked when i saw how much the price had jumped. maybe it has something to do with the jump to aw and release of ss0spc... like absolute confirmation of the death of aes...

Yeah, I made a poll about the prices of AES carts following the death of the AES. The vast majority of people said that the prices would remain essentially unchanged, but I'd have to say that they've gone up. In particular, the US NGH carts have seen a nice little spike in price, while the JPN carts certainly haven't lost much ground, if any.

BeefJerky

Tunnel Jew
20 Year Member
hitler2.jpg

This cat says the Jews are to blame. :loco:

Anyone who doesn't understand the joke and starts saying I hate Jews will be MURDERSLICED.

aria

Former Moderator
BeefJerky said:
hitler2.jpg

This cat says the Jews are to blame. :loco:

Anyone who doesn't understand the joke and starts saying I hate Jews will be MURDERSLICED.

If you think people don't get it (I certainly don't), don't make it outside of the War Room. You might as well have put another race in there.