Are there any companies in Brazil that make video games?

Baseley09

Hair Group,
I'm gonna be shit and answer your question. Yes. Techtoy are the largest in Brazil, sole distributors of sega in Brazil, who were supporting the Master System with exotic releases (see SF2) until recently.

Roger

n00b
Yes, there are.

J.V.184th said:
Are there any companies in Brazil that make video games? :confused:
Yes, man, there is. Tec Toy is the best example. They are the distributors of Sega here in Brazil. Master System, Game Gear, Mega Drive, Sega cd, 32-X, Saturn and Dreamcast, they all selled a lot here, mostly Master System and Mega Drive, they are still being released even these days, and they sell a lot(Master system is the best example, those modified versions with tons of games in the memory). Tec Toy was responsible by that gorgeous version of Street Fighter 2 for Master System, the only Master system cartdrige of 24 megabits that I know. Tec Toy developed several games, like the adventures of “A turma da Mônica”(wich means “The gang of Mônica”), one famous, if not the most, comic book here in Brazil on the last 30 years, being published in diverses countries, even in Japan(Maurício de Souza, the creator, lived in Japan some years, and became a close friend of the great magaka Osamu Tezuka, wich marked some influence in Maurício drawing style).
http://www.monica.com.br/index.htm
http://www.tectoy.com.br/
http://asp.tectoy.com.br/videogame/index.asp
Of course, there are no companies, that i know of, that are producing/developing games for the current “next generation” machines, like X-Box, GameCube, Dreamcast and PS2.
In the PC gaming area, it’s a different story, that are several Brazilian companys developing good quality pc games, such as Deer Hunter 2004, by SouthLogic, there are many other examples, go do some research, i’m wasting my time here... i visit this site, in the past 4 years, but i rarelly post something, and this trade, i don’t know, how can i say... pissed me off. One person here, that i used to respect a lot(after reading all his posts), beelzebubble, turned into an arrogant, with such an idiotic reply... made me want to stop visiting this site. It will problably be one of my few, and last post here. So what? The guy asked in the wrong forum... you guys should have more respect. I don’t really care about the other ones who made mockery, but you, B man... what a terrible disapointment, you seemed to be an intelligent person, not an arrogant bafoon.
Brazil is not the jungle that international tv shows, i’m nothing turning on my pc using some eletric weels, fished on the Amazonas river. There is a lot of high tech top notch products being released and created here, mostly in the Healthy/Medical area, and in some diverses other areas. I live in a small city, that produces the second high quality steel, that USA imports all stock. Another two stuff from my little city, raw materials, are the best quality of this entire world, like the Celulose Paste, raw and finished procuct for exportation... problably the high quality paper you use, come’s from here. Aw man, that is useless. I should go, or someone will talk again, that SNK is only bigger than Crapcom here in Brazil, and in South America in general, cause SNK machines are “cheaper”, and we can’t afford to buy... and not cause, we really like and enjoy to play.

Last edited:

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
One person here, that i used to respect a lot(after reading all his posts), beelzebubble, turned into an arrogant, with such an idiotic reply... made me want to stop visiting this site.

its not arrogance. its a case of chicken and egg, you are saying egg, so ill go chicken.

should the guy who posted spend a little time acquainting himself with the site and then ease on in like most ppl do when they enter a new community of any kind.

OR

as you are suggesting should i be super nice to someone who imo is not making an innocent blunder but rather another one of a long line of forum terrorists. his three posts in three minutes all in the wrong place are what led me to believe thats what he is... if it turns out hes not then i will be the first to apologize to him in this thread in big capital letters, something like "SORRY MAN, WELCOME TO THE BOARDS AND ENJOY YOUR STAY".

edited for bad grammar

Last edited:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
In Beezle's defence:

J.V.184th

hmmmm . . .

I smell shittery from a mile away