Who registered in 2000? Here are the pioneers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member
Here is a list to be completed.
If you are still around and registered when the forums started back in the days,join in!
Shawn
BIo
FTL
Fran
Geddon
Master terry bogard

Who else?

leGionellz

Pancho Villa is my Direct Ancestor,
Can't you find this out with a simple query on the forum's database ?

Since you are a mod and all... ;)

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member
leGionellz said:
Can't you find this out with a simple query on the forum's database ?

Since you are a mod and all... ;)

Actually this is a way to find out who IS still around.
Come on if your reading and registered when forums started,post in!

ADDED:
DR Neo geo

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
It's funny...I only found these forums after getting an email from someone who I unknowingly sold a bootleg Garou MVS cart (got it from a friend who originally bought it from VG Connection). He sent me a link to this place about the discussion that ensued when he posted about it. I knew shit about the Neo then, as far as the shady side of the biz (Dion,NGF,bootlegs, etc.)

I wasn't a founder, but I can't believe I've been visiting this place for nearly three years now.

Hide

Banned
I was already reading and lurking around since it opened.
I only registered on Feb 2001. 2 months late!

:)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
nruva
Judge Dredd
JMKurtz
chimpmeister
RyoGeo
Big Bruno
Neo Bomber Man
BryLMoo
BonusKun
Ghost-Dog
NeoLord
lemonflav
rugal2000
metallizer
HPMAN
chohan
NeoBuyer
Metal Slug
Liquid Snake
Orpheus
Bobak
Robert
Joe McCabe
twalden

Last edited:

Robert

20 Year Member
Robert, proud member of the board since 2000.

I discovered this board when I wanted to buy my third neo. I started to post on the gameplay forum essentially then on all the topics. And I think that I won't give up for a long time. I found friends here, advices, good deals, news, teH dRema and an atmosphere that I have never found on any other forum (whatever the subject).

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Here you can see all members by join date:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/memberlist.php?&order=ASC&sort=joindate&pp=50&ltr=

You just need to check how many of them still post regularly.

I got a NGCD in 2000 but only started to play regularly with it and bought games in 2001. Then I found somewhere instructions to mod it for 60 hz, and I damaged it in an attempt to do it. I looked for a board where I could get help and finished here, Takumaji and other people helped me repair my NGCD. After that I got tired of loading times and learned in this board about the MVS and superguns. I got one and the rest is history :buttrock:

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
A lot of people dont remember, but NG.com was around for some time before the forums popped up. For example, the Master List was first posted February 2000, and I think the first price guide was late 99 - but the forums didn' t go up until August 2000. :)

I would have registered on the very day they went up, except I was on a cruise ship on vacation, so I think I'm number 41 or something.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Geddon_jt said:
A lot of people dont remember, but NG.com was around for some time before the forums popped up. For example, the Master List was first posted February 2000, and I think the first price guide was late 99 - but the forums didn' t go up until August 2000. :)

I would have registered on the very day they went up, except I was on a cruise ship on vacation, so I think I'm number 41 or something.

A lot of us don't remember because a lot of us weren't there ;) Old tymer.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Bought a game from Shawn back in '99 when this was hardly a site. When the forums popped up I was like WTF is a forum? so a year later I joined.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
You know,
I could have swore I did sometime in 2000
especially after finding out about the NEO scene online,
but I must have just been lurking then.
I remember because me and my boss at the store I worked at
shitted each other about getting a freaked 2000
and being a being a real NEOGEO freak
getting excited about the big NOS restocking that NCS was getting.
bought myself a new KOF 96 for me and a friend.
good old days.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I was a scrub lurker checking out teh romz before I knew any better. Does that count :( ??

aria

Former Moderator
I joined in December, but I would've joined in August if it weren't for the work I was doing at the time (Aug-Dec '00).

I was very active on DolphinLord's Yahoo Club, when I got back from my work I noticed that everyone had moved here.

As Geddon_jt noted, this website existed a while before the forums appeared (and the center of the Neo Universe shifted here). I even remember when the site name was www.neo-juzam.com (or something like that).

Status
Not open for further replies.