Jap Neo Geo CD to USA Neo Geo CD question

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Hi I bought a JAP Neo Geo CD, I then found out alot of games like KOF '95 do not have a option within them to allow you to change from JAP mode to USA, having red blood is good and all but I'd really like to be able to understand all the little cut scenes and also not have to change from JAP to USA everytime I start the console. I have heard this can be done but don't know where to start. Thanks

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Look for the NGCD board schematics on the web.

You can find it easily, you just need to make a switch tha change over 3 pins (US/JP/EU).

I'm not 100% but you can figure out what the pins just opening the NGCD and looking at the board. They are identified, if I remember correctly.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Had a look, maybe I'm being retarded but nothing really stuck out like you say. I did see a NTSC - PAL notice on the board, interesting... it is possible then to make these consoles give a PAL output then I take it?

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
madmanjock said:
Had a look, maybe I'm being retarded but nothing really stuck out like you say. I did see a NTSC - PAL notice on the board, interesting... it is possible then to make these consoles give a PAL output then I take it?

Look for a table drawn at the board, near the edges (and near the joystick ports). If they don't have names, they must have numbers, I really don't remember. You'll need to figure out what the numbers mean.

http://vgrebirth.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=214

Sorry, but I have no clue about the PAL/NTSC thing.

Last edited: