Would you buy Snap-Style cases for your MVS/AES collection?

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Trying to figure out how many of you would be interested in Snap-Cases for your MVS/AES collections?

Im just wondering because its odd to me that no one has tried to re-manufacture them? I think theyre the best cases on the AES, theyre just cool to me though. From a collectors standpoint, id imagine they are not favorable due to the rough plastic and how it may wear on the cart itself.

I know Big Bear busted out the ShockBoxes and they rock! (just wish i had some)

Just like he made these for MVS im wondering why no one attempted the Snap Cases, anyone familiar with the process?

Closest thing i could find regarding re-making or making these available was this link ( http://www.ipetitions.com/campaigns/Snap-Lock-Cases/ ) but if you check it out, that was in 2001........lol

Last edited:

Makismo

Ghost of Captain Kidd
The link to that petition brings back old memories. You could try to give Playmore another try but back in 2002, the plan was no good. Since the system is being killed off, I bet Playmore will have a bunch of cases left over. I think that they should sell them to us. It may be worth a shot but don't get too excited over it.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
If you really wanted to, you could make shock boxes that fit the AES carts - but it would just be too costly to make the AES snap-lock cases just like the originals.