KOF MI info in famitsu

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
didnt read the article, not really expecting there to be much new info but the new pics look really good. the more i see of this game the more im hanging for it. there is a terry vs ralf battle on top of a building or something with a nice shadow effect on the characters.

also maxima, k, mai and seth are confirmed with their character models gracing the famitsu page.

expect pics to turn up on magicbox in the next few days :)

EDIT magic box lists ss0special as a ps2 release :)

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
Interesting, after a couple of hours, nobody has replied. Damn this is a first. I can't wait for those pics.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
jeff bogard said:
Interesting, after a couple of hours, nobody has replied. Damn this is a first. I can't wait for those pics.

That's cause they're pussies and probably won't acknowledge the game even if it's good.

This looks SO much more promising than Neo Wave really.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
JHendrix said:
That's cause they're pussies and probably won't acknowledge the game even if it's good.

This looks SO much more promising than Neo Wave really.

I'm not a big fan of 3d fighters, that's the thing. I really can't stand the gameplay. It may look promising, but it's not my thing. But i'll agree with you, it does look more promising than neowave. For one SNKP is trying to innovate at some level like the original SNK did. Maybe not as big, but I wouldn't be surprised if aspects of this game have not been seen in games like VF, Tekken, bloody roar, soul calibur, and SF EX. If they pull it right, at even a minimal level, then yeah, my hopes for playmore might be higher.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
beelzebubble said:
didnt read the article, not really expecting there to be much new info but the new pics look really good. the more i see of this game the more im hanging for it. there is a terry vs ralf battle on top of a building or something with a nice shadow effect on the characters.

also maxima, k, mai and seth are confirmed with their character models gracing the famitsu page.

expect pics to turn up on magicbox in the next few days :)

EDIT magic box lists ss0special as a ps2 release :)

Yeah, I saw it too. Character designs look good. I was surprised to see Maxima.

It's really hard to judge gameplay from screenshots... if this plays anything like Tekken or VF I'll be happy, but something's telling me it'll be more along the lines of Street Fighter EX or Fatal Fury Wild Ambition.

Read: graphics first then gameplay.

EMAGDNIM

Vice's Love Slave
I just cant wait for more pics :cool: It looks good to me so far...I cant say much till I get some hands on play...

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
tsukaesugi said:

It's really hard to judge gameplay from screenshots... if this plays anything like Tekken or VF I'll be happy, but something's telling me it'll be more along the lines of Street Fighter EX or Fatal Fury Wild Ambition.

I don't know... some angles of the pics gives the impression that the gameplay is 3D like Tekken or VF - I'm not suggesting that will have the same quality, just the style.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
tsukaesugi said:

vf style gameplay just isnt gonna happen i think... i personally like sfex alot, they ruined it with the automatic cc style system in 2 which gave easy aa's imo, as long as they dont have any of that silly stuff its all good for me... basically a 3d graphics version of the kof we all know and love :D

Visuatrox

NEST Puppet
I'm looking forward to this game, but I would like to see it in motion. A lot of 3D games feel too stiff, so I hope KOF MI does not have that problem.

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
Also not a fan of 3D fighters, still looks worlds better than NeoWave. Gameplay will tell all, the graphics are good enough for me.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
so... will anyone be posting scans?

EMAGDNIM

Vice's Love Slave
Wow...it looks great...cant wait to see so of is in action, hopefully there will be some vids released soon :D

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
It's 3-d! BOOO!!

*says the fanboys of the quintesseential graphics whore's system*

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
looks really good, though the new characters look horrible.
only PS2? that's a shame... I'm not about to buy one for this game. With the low amount of games coming out for GC at the moment (how many beat 'em ups on the system? less than 5?), I'm sure a large amount of owners would pick this game up.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
I think it will be cool.
especially if it basically plays 2d like sfex
hell if it had the 100 man battle at the end like sf3ex that would be cool.
;)
looks pretty decent.
can hardly think of a way they can screw it up.

Megatron X

X nortageM,
Received new PSM today and they said that it feels much like the 2D series. It retains both Light and Hard Punch/Kicks. You can sidestep by hitting Up+Square+X. If you hold them down you can move freely around stage, but they move slowly at this point. Characters move very fluidly. 2D responsive control.
3v3 "MIGHT" make it in the final version (their words not mine).

That's about it.

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
Megatron X said:
Received new PSM today and they said that it feels much like the 2D series. It retains both Light and Hard Punch/Kicks. You can sidestep by hitting Up+Square+X. If you hold them down you can move freely around stage, but they move slowly at this point. Characters move very fluidly. 2D responsive control.
3v3 "MIGHT" make it in the final version (their words not mine).

That's about it.

Hmm interesting, if I'm understanding you right, it sounds a lot like Bushido Blade (the free roaming part that is). Can't wait to see some gameplay footage.

Seijuro Hiko

Camel Slug
Hi, I just receive my new french magazine today and there are some KOF MI that was never seen before I think. Some Terry moves like Burn Knuckle, Rising Tackle and Buster Wolf:

kofmi01.jpg

kofmi02.jpg

kofmi03.jpg

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Not too fond of the "impact spikes", though that isn't gamebreaking.