PDA

View Full Version : KOF MI info in famitsu

beelzebubble
04-30-2004, 02:49 AM
didnt read the article, not really expecting there to be much new info but the new pics look really good. the more i see of this game the more im hanging for it. there is a terry vs ralf battle on top of a building or something with a nice shadow effect on the characters.

also maxima, k, mai and seth are confirmed with their character models gracing the famitsu page.

expect pics to turn up on magicbox in the next few days :)

EDIT magic box lists ss0special as a ps2 release :)

jeff bogard
04-30-2004, 04:19 AM
Interesting, after a couple of hours, nobody has replied. Damn this is a first. I can't wait for those pics.

JHendrix
04-30-2004, 05:28 AM
Interesting, after a couple of hours, nobody has replied. Damn this is a first. I can't wait for those pics.

That's cause they're pussies and probably won't acknowledge the game even if it's good.

This looks SO much more promising than Neo Wave really.

jeff bogard
04-30-2004, 05:33 AM
That's cause they're pussies and probably won't acknowledge the game even if it's good.

This looks SO much more promising than Neo Wave really.

I'm not a big fan of 3d fighters, that's the thing. I really can't stand the gameplay. It may look promising, but it's not my thing. But i'll agree with you, it does look more promising than neowave. For one SNKP is trying to innovate at some level like the original SNK did. Maybe not as big, but I wouldn't be surprised if aspects of this game have not been seen in games like VF, Tekken, bloody roar, soul calibur, and SF EX. If they pull it right, at even a minimal level, then yeah, my hopes for playmore might be higher.

tsukaesugi
04-30-2004, 05:45 AM
didnt read the article, not really expecting there to be much new info but the new pics look really good. the more i see of this game the more im hanging for it. there is a terry vs ralf battle on top of a building or something with a nice shadow effect on the characters.

also maxima, k, mai and seth are confirmed with their character models gracing the famitsu page.

expect pics to turn up on magicbox in the next few days :)

EDIT magic box lists ss0special as a ps2 release :)

Yeah, I saw it too. Character designs look good. I was surprised to see Maxima.

It's really hard to judge gameplay from screenshots... if this plays anything like Tekken or VF I'll be happy, but something's telling me it'll be more along the lines of Street Fighter EX or Fatal Fury Wild Ambition.

Read: graphics first then gameplay.

EMAGDNIM
04-30-2004, 06:55 AM
I just cant wait for more pics :cool: It looks good to me so far...I cant say much till I get some hands on play...

Verythrax
04-30-2004, 09:30 AM

It's really hard to judge gameplay from screenshots... if this plays anything like Tekken or VF I'll be happy, but something's telling me it'll be more along the lines of Street Fighter EX or Fatal Fury Wild Ambition.

I don't know... some angles of the pics gives the impression that the gameplay is 3D like Tekken or VF - I'm not suggesting that will have the same quality, just the style.

beelzebubble
04-30-2004, 09:58 AM

vf style gameplay just isnt gonna happen i think... i personally like sfex alot, they ruined it with the automatic cc style system in 2 which gave easy aa's imo, as long as they dont have any of that silly stuff its all good for me... basically a 3d graphics version of the kof we all know and love :D

Visuatrox
04-30-2004, 10:15 AM
I'm looking forward to this game, but I would like to see it in motion. A lot of 3D games feel too stiff, so I hope KOF MI does not have that problem.

Hellsing
05-02-2004, 04:40 PM
Hey with Playmore in control what could go right err I mean wrong.

shirt
05-02-2004, 05:19 PM
Also not a fan of 3D fighters, still looks worlds better than NeoWave. Gameplay will tell all, the graphics are good enough for me.

SML
05-03-2004, 04:45 AM
so... will anyone be posting scans?

Tyrant
05-03-2004, 05:30 AM
http://www.snk-capcom.com/forums/showpost.php?p=123449&postcount=186

Temjin
05-03-2004, 06:02 AM
Not impressed.

Black Noah
05-03-2004, 06:35 AM
The models look really good!

I can't wait to try this game out.

EMAGDNIM
05-03-2004, 08:46 AM
Wow...it looks great...cant wait to see so of is in action, hopefully there will be some vids released soon :D

Tacitus
05-03-2004, 09:10 AM
It's 3-d! BOOO!!

*says the fanboys of the quintesseential graphics whore's system*

DevilRedeemed
05-03-2004, 01:48 PM
looks really good, though the new characters look horrible.
only PS2? that's a shame... I'm not about to buy one for this game. With the low amount of games coming out for GC at the moment (how many beat 'em ups on the system? less than 5?), I'm sure a large amount of owners would pick this game up.

Stephane
05-03-2004, 02:00 PM
3D Clark :drool_2: :drool_2: :drool_2:

rarehero
05-03-2004, 02:09 PM
I think it will be cool.
especially if it basically plays 2d like sfex
hell if it had the 100 man battle at the end like sf3ex that would be cool.
;)
looks pretty decent.
can hardly think of a way they can screw it up.

Megatron X
05-03-2004, 05:54 PM
Received new PSM today and they said that it feels much like the 2D series. It retains both Light and Hard Punch/Kicks. You can sidestep by hitting Up+Square+X. If you hold them down you can move freely around stage, but they move slowly at this point. Characters move very fluidly. 2D responsive control.
3v3 "MIGHT" make it in the final version (their words not mine).

That's about it.

Cain Highwind
05-03-2004, 07:16 PM
Received new PSM today and they said that it feels much like the 2D series. It retains both Light and Hard Punch/Kicks. You can sidestep by hitting Up+Square+X. If you hold them down you can move freely around stage, but they move slowly at this point. Characters move very fluidly. 2D responsive control.
3v3 "MIGHT" make it in the final version (their words not mine).

That's about it.

Hmm interesting, if I'm understanding you right, it sounds a lot like Bushido Blade (the free roaming part that is). Can't wait to see some gameplay footage.

Seijuro Hiko
05-05-2004, 12:36 PM
Hi, I just receive my new french magazine today and there are some KOF MI that was never seen before I think. Some Terry moves like Burn Knuckle, Rising Tackle and Buster Wolf:

http://membres.lycos.fr/avordu/KOFMI/kofmi01.jpg

http://membres.lycos.fr/avordu/KOFMI/kofmi02.jpg

http://membres.lycos.fr/avordu/KOFMI/kofmi03.jpg

k'_127
05-05-2004, 01:05 PM
thanks for the pics.

SML
05-05-2004, 02:02 PM
Not too fond of the "impact spikes", though that isn't gamebreaking.

Verbatum
05-05-2004, 02:15 PM
Hi, I just receive my new french magazine today and there are some KOF MI that was never seen before I think. Some Terry moves like Burn Knuckle, Rising Tackle and Buster Wolf:

http://membres.lycos.fr/avordu/KOFMI/kofmi01.jpg

http://membres.lycos.fr/avordu/KOFMI/kofmi02.jpg

http://membres.lycos.fr/avordu/KOFMI/kofmi03.jpg

Wow! Those character models do look nice! Thanks man!

SouthtownKid
05-05-2004, 02:21 PM
Geese is still puting billboards with his Real Bout picture up, just like in Wild Ambition. I wouldn't have minded the WA control scheme either, but realistically, I guess it wouldn't have fit KOF as well.

CBVicious
05-07-2004, 04:18 PM
Here's an update with portraits of K, Maxima, and Mai courtesy of www.insertcredit.com

http://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/kof/character/index.html

twodeepuzzler
05-07-2004, 06:52 PM
I hope this game turns out well. So far it looks interesting, albeit a little bland.

I must say the cg character models look like muppets though.

TB@SNK-Capcom
05-07-2004, 07:54 PM
It doesn't look like Iori is going to show up huh? :spock:

MrLonghair
05-08-2004, 07:35 AM

They couldnt decide on which head he was going to use

Dio_Brando
05-08-2004, 11:05 AM

Iori IS in the game. People, read the threads! We already know all 14 returning characters for weeks!