SS5S English Neo Store Preorders

Curt

apostate
Sweet...

... Can't wait for the Homecart...

BTW... does the English Version have the translations now???

Temjin

B. Jenet's Firstmate
CurtWRX: Those are AES. What do you mean by home cart?

Curt

apostate
Doh, For some reason I thought that was the MVS release.... Doesn't change the intention of my post though... I still cant wait ;)

Apologies...

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
bookcover.gif

mdog

Zero's Secretary
Just preordered 2 English Samurai Showdown V Special pieces, the FINAL Neo Geo home cart AES!!! Hope I get the discount as well. :D

:multi_co: :multi_co: :multi_co: :multi_co: :multi_co:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
mdog said:
Just preordered 2 English Samurai Showdown V Special pieces, the FINAL Neo Geo home cart AES!!! Hope I get the discount as well. :D

:multi_co: :multi_co: :multi_co: :multi_co: :multi_co:

How will you play 2 of them?

mdog

Zero's Secretary
lithy said:
How will you play 2 of them?

One to play the hell out of and one to invest in as the final home release of the worlds greatest system ever!!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
mdog said:
One to play the hell out of and one to invest in as the final home release of the worlds greatest system ever!!

Use 400 bucks in the stock market and you'll make way more than any Neo game ever could.

mdog

Zero's Secretary
lithy said:
Use 400 bucks in the stock market and you'll make way more than any Neo game ever could.

Truth is...

The money doesn't really matter to me at all...I was fortunate to grow up having a neo and now that I'm older I can regain more of that lifestyle again. Samurai Showdown has always been my favorite series and it is in my heart to own 2 of each of my favorite games. Especially if its gonna be the last. I also have 2 Last Blade 2, one of my all time favorites. I just have so much Love for the Neo Geo...and I'm glad I got 2 of them.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
mdog said:
Truth is...

The money doesn't really matter to me at all...I was fortunate to grow up having a neo and now that I'm older I can regain more of that lifestyle again. Samurai Showdown has always been my favorite series and it is in my heart to own 2 of each of my favorite games. Especially if its gonna be the last. I also have 2 Last Blade 2, one of my all time favorites. I just have so much Love for the Neo Geo...and I'm glad I got 2 of them.

And one less person that will be able to enjoy the game.

Robert

20 Year Member
lithy said:
And one less person that will be able to enjoy the game.

Lithy has a point there. Knowing it's the final release and that the number of carts is limited, many will buy more than one just to get the "last one". This will prevent many gamers from playing the game on Neo. No judgement here, just a statement.

mdog

Zero's Secretary
Robert said:
Lithy has a point there. Knowing it's the final release and that the number of carts is limited, many will buy more than one just to get the "last one". This will prevent many gamers from playing the game on Neo. No judgement here, just a statement.

Preorders are still open...no one is preventing the gamers chances of playing that game. They just better act fast since it is in fact a limited release and I doubt the preoders will sell out in less then a month. Everyday is an opportunity to get that game untill we see it sell out which probably will NOT be anytime soon. So, the gamers chances of playing that game on the Neo slips away with every passing day of them not ordering.

Last edited:

Temjin

B. Jenet's Firstmate
You can´t limit people to only buy one copy anyway.
Hope I get to own this game some day..when I can afford one copy!:)

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
finngamer said:
Then what's the deal with the MVS release outside Japan?

From what I've read, seems like there isn't going to be any MVS releases of SS5S outside Japan (at least not yet).

<Electroman sighs, holding his held hands by his heart, looking up at the sky with an honest smile.>

evo7_31

Geese's Thug
There's no way the pre-orders will 'sell out', the number of pre-orders will certainly help to decide the print run.

Makismo

Ghost of Captain Kidd
The $359 price tag is less than I expected. I thought that this final release would be at least $400. So I guess putting down $368 ($9 shipping) isn't too bad just as long as the product is good. I am glad that I didn't drop the money for Samurai Shodown 5 since this game is a little bit better. I seriously doubt that there will be an English translation though because the game was only release in Japan on MVS format. The only way to get an English translation of this game is for Shawn to drop the money down to pay for it. An English professor in Japan would do the job for probably less than $1,000 since there really isn't that much text to translate. Then you would need a programmer to input the code and that should be pretty much it. I don't think that this will happen but if this game did have an English translation in it, that would be a huge selling point IMHO.

That' be a great idea; to hire outside help to transrate everything.

Imagine the collectability of an English SSV Special with Engrish... :multi_co:

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
I am very pysched about this homecart release. I'll get the JPN version of SS0S, then about September get JPN SS0 and my Samurai Spirits Collection will be complete. MY FAVORITE game series of ALL TIME :buttrock: