SS5 totally unbalanced.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Recently I got a chance to play Sam 5. First of all everything about this looks and sounds so freaking awesome. Then after some playing I realized all these new characters are totally unbalanced. Am i the only one to think so. Also I watched a few match videos and i saw the players doing something where they turned their life bars blue and the Bg turned grey. How do you do that. And how do you drop your weapon purposely?

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Yep. It's got balance issues all right.

The problems have apparently been fixed in SS0S.

As for your other questions, check Kao Megura's awesome FAQ here:

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/neogeo/file/samurai_shodown_v.txt

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I never got why fighters need to be balanced, other than for playability

I think its cool theres some stupidly hard chars, and some weaker ones, makes you feel like a GOD beating a foo when he's using captainCheese, shows du hast skillz

I still havent played ss5 though

maybe I should buy a kit sometime

bishounen

Marked Wolf
I don't think the balance is that bad. A lot of people say that damage is too high, that's the purpose of the Kenki bar, attack less and you do more damage. It limits the damage done by super aggressive players. And this game is mostly about counter characters. Go to www.fierceslash.com for gamplay tips/strategies.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I can't remember Samuari Shodown ever being balanced anyway. The whole point of the game is to study every move that a character has until you find a set of abusable moves to build your game around. That being said, the mark of a good Samurai player is to build a joke character into a serious character using that method.

I haven't yet done this in SS5, but I did plenty of this in SS4 with the likes of Bust Kyoshiro and Bust Nakoruru. An extreme example is someone I saw make Bust Shizumaru a serious character in SS4 by building their game around Guard Crush into CD combo then Guard Crush into super. Yes, all the rest of your moves are still there, but they don't open up for you until you give your opponent something to fear.

breal

Hardened Shock Trooper
neojedi said:
I can't remember Samuari Shodown ever being balanced anyway. The whole point of the game is to study every move that a character has until you find a set of abusable moves to build your game around. That being said, the mark of a good Samurai player is to build a joke character into a serious character using that method.

I haven't yet done this in SS5, but I did plenty of this in SS4 with the likes of Bust Kyoshiro and Bust Nakoruru. An extreme example is someone I saw make Bust Shizumaru a serious character in SS4 by building their game around Guard Crush into CD combo then Guard Crush into super. Yes, all the rest of your moves are still there, but they don't open up for you until you give your opponent something to fear.

I own your Bust Nakoruru and Bust Kyoshiro. ;)

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
breal said:
I own your Bust Nakoruru and Bust Kyoshiro. ;)
Kyoshiro I'd believe, I used him too much and everyone figured out my shit. My Nakoruru is just something you wish you could own. :p