Anyone in Ohio interested?

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I've been wanting to throw a big Neo gathering for some time now. Anyone interested?

Jon

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Lashujin said:
Where in Ohio is Xenia?

It's about 20 minutes east of Dayton and about an hour southwest of Columbus. I'm not saying it HAS to be held at my place...I'm just trying to see how many SERIOUS people would be interested in hanging out playing Neo Geo, etc.

Jon

ProfessorFrink

Crossed Swords Squire
You know where Hicksville is? No way. I'm in Cincinnati now, but I'm originally from Leipsic, about 45 min. East of Hicksville.

ProfessorFrink said:
You know where Hicksville is? No way. I'm in Cincinnati now, but I'm originally from Leipsic, about 45 min. East of Hicksville.

Yes...my Grandparents use to live there so I had to make the trek there alot....plus..I always like talking about Hicksville...people don't know if I'm just joking, or if its actually a town.
:idiot:

ProfessorFrink

Crossed Swords Squire
I believe that I-70 connects Indianapolis to Dayton. If you're anywhere near I-70, you'd be able to make it to Dayton in roughly an hour-and-a-half or two (totally guessing, I've never actually driven it) and Xenia is about another twenty minutes past Dayton.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I don't know. I'd have to know what everyone's schedule is. Definitely on a weekend, though. Right now..how does the 1st Saturday in June sound?

I can probably only fit like about 10 people in my room (where my system is). I would advise anyone that would like to come to bring their own controller, as I only have one working CD pad. I have like 30 games for the Neo..and they are all MVS format. I play them on a supergun which is hooked up to a 27in TV and a 5.1 surround sound system. Have many many many other systems and games (about 20 or so systems..500 games) some rare, most cool.

If anyone wants to come over and hang out or whatever, just drop me a PM. I'm usually free most days.

Jon

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Ehh

I'd probably be game for that. Whatever really. I'd be coming in from pittsburgh, so I suppose I'm looking at about 3 hours or so right?

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I just checked mapquest. According to them, it would take just under 4 hours to get here from Pittsburgh. If you're really serious about driving that far, let me know your address via PM so I can give you better more specific directions to my house.

Jon

I would be willing to drive to Xenia for a get together. I would be driving from Cincy and could bring 18 MVS/AES games to play...

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
MattG/Snyper2099 said:
I would be willing to drive to Xenia for a get together. I would be driving from Cincy and could bring 18 MVS/AES games to play...

That's cool. Just let me know what they are first. Like I said, I've got 30 or so. I don't have any of the Metal Slugs or Windjammers...

Jon

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Bump! C'mon! There's gotta be more people in Ohio that want to play Neo Geo! Reply, damn it!

Jon

OK I'll list my titles:

Blue's Journey
Nam 1975
Magician Lord
Top Hunter
Karnov's Revenge
Riding Hero
Metal Slug X
Puzzle Bobble
Ninja Commando
Rage of the Dragons
Super Dodge Ball
Windjammers
Pulstar
Blazing Star
Fatal Fury
Shock Troopers: 2nd Squad
Nitghtmare in the Dark
SSIV

I can just bring whatever you don't have. I think Xenia is only 45 minutes from me... I can bring someone else from Cincy that wants to carpool. :eek: Look, a free ride. All you have to do is reply!

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I actually don't have quite a few of these. The ones I have on your list are: Rage of the Dragons, Super Dodgeball, Blazing Star, Fatal Fury, and I believe that's it. A few of these I definitely want to check out..I would only bring like 10 of them, or so. You'd be surprised how quickly time passes when you have a gettogether. Probably won't get through all the games, is what I'm saying.

You live in Cincy? Where exactly? I may drive down to see you.

Jon

MattG/Snyper2099 said:
OK I'll list my titles:
Blue's Journey
Nam 1975
Magician Lord
Top Hunter
Karnov's Revenge
Riding Hero
Metal Slug X
Puzzle Bobble
Ninja Commando
Rage of the Dragons
Super Dodge Ball
Windjammers
Pulstar
Blazing Star
Fatal Fury
Shock Troopers: 2nd Squad
Nitghtmare in the Dark
SSIV

I can just bring whatever you don't have. I think Xenia is only 45 minutes from me... I can bring someone else from Cincy that wants to carpool. :eek: Look, a free ride. All you have to do is reply!

hokutoshinken

Crossed Swords Squire
i live in ohio, cleveland hts to be exact. nintendospy, pretty close to you. the fedarales took my drivers license for a quite some time, i dunno, something about me blowing into a little tube and seeing a number like .198. so xenia would be out of the question for me. too bad, i have absolutely no friends interested in neo or video games really. come to think of it i dont have any friends period. i would have 50 titles to bring to the table including all of the slugs, all fatal furys, svc, blazing star, neo turf masters and lots more. i also have almost every version of every streetfighter if anyone cares. but im always up for some neo gaming if anyone is in the area.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
whats up everyone!

i'd be more than happy to have the get together at my place in columbus ohio. after the get together we could go to some bars or clubs if anyone is interested. i live right by ohio state so it's pretty much the best area in ohio to have a good time.

i can have as many people here as can come. jon could bring his 2 slot and someone would have to bring some arcade sticks unless you want to use crappy cd pads.

we really need a way to search for users in ohio among the forums.

everyones invited who is interested.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Greedo, Jeremy, been waiting for you to reply! It probably would be alot better if we held it in Columbus. It is a bit more centrally located than my place. Plus, no bitchy parents to complain about noise, etc. If anyone does want to come and hang out in Xenia before we do this get together thing, I've no problem with it. Everybody just keep posting...keep the interest alive, damn it! We're going to have an Ohio get together if it kills us!

SNK forever, bitches!

Jon

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I live in Ind, about 45 minutes from Cincy. I'd be interested, I can bring my AES + phantom I've got a mixture of mvs & aes ~45 games. :buttrock: Could even bring my 20" tv for another set up. My weekends are pretty much free. LMK

fantat

NEST Puppet
20 Year Member
I'd be interested as well, if it was done right. I've got about 40 AES games, mostly fighters, that I could bring. Let me know.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
I'm always interested as long as there is enough notice. If you try to put something together before the end of may, I'll be game. Just keep everyone posted. I have some good AES games (KOF series, SS series, FF series, SvC, etc) so I could supply a good bit.