Possible confirmed E3 list for SNKP

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
According to SPOnG.com (so it goes without saying to take this with a grain of salt, but it looks accurate), who claim to have a direct source with SNKP, the E3 list has been finalized. The list is as follows.

King of Fighters: Maximum Impact - PlayStation 2
King of Fighters: 2002 & 2003 Double Pack - PlayStation 2
Samurai Shodown 5 - PlayStation 2 (Version unknown)
Metal Slug 4 & 5 Double Pack - PlayStation 2
Metal Slug 3 - Xbox
SNK Vs Capcom: SVC Chaos - Xbox (Live support)
Metal Slug Advance: Game Boy Advance

They also claim that, depending on their state of development once E3 hits, some other games may be displayed in some form or another. Hopefully this means we'll get a small glimpse at KOF '04 at the very least to see what direction its heading.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
I hope that this is true. I don't know...I kind of doubt it. I thought that there was not going to be anymore SNKP games ported to the PS2? :confused:

Fygee

20 Year Member
Well, SNKNEOGEOUSA's announcement of the KOF and Metal Slug Double Packs a few days ago would mean that they would've finally worked something out with SCEA. Either that or they're making them anyways without getting SCEA's approval yet, but I doubt that. We'll see soon enough though.

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
Check out these games that I'm anticipating, they just might be at E3. Guess I'll start a thread about them.

FormlessOne

Chin's Drinking Partner
There's no GC love? It almost makes me want to by one of those terminal PS2s, almost...

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
FormlessOne said:
There's no GC love? It almost makes me want to by one of those terminal PS2s, almost...
Well, going by this thread's logic, there can be a GameCube game. I'll add it to the list of his rough guesses found on some no-name website:

Savage Reign + Kizuna Encounter Double Pack - GameCube

Last edited:

Fygee

20 Year Member
The two double packs coming out aren't some rough guess from a no name website. :p

Fygee said:
Well, SNKNEOGEOUSA's announcement of the KOF and Metal Slug Double Packs a few days ago would mean that they would've finally worked something out with SCEA. Either that or they're making them anyways without getting SCEA's approval yet, but I doubt that. We'll see soon enough though.

not really. SCEA's position has been that they will only allow 2d games to be released in bargain-priced packs. SNK gave in on their release is the only change.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Hopefully it's true because that does look like a damn good line-up of games.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
jethrek said:
not really. SCEA's position has been that they will only allow 2d games to be released in bargain-priced packs. SNK gave in on their release is the only change.

Though that's good for my pocketbook it angers me immensely. Hopefully companies will start looking for loopholes. Like a 2d castlevania, with a random game from earlier in the series running emulated on the disc.

FormlessOne

Chin's Drinking Partner
StickmanLoser said:
Though that's good for my pocketbook it angers me immensely. Hopefully companies will start looking for loopholes. Like a 2d castlevania, with a random game from earlier in the series running emulated on the disc.

You carry a pocketbook?

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
FormlessOne said:
You carry a pocketbook?

and it tells me what to do and where to go and who to kill.

edit: speaking of Castlevania, the next one should come bundled with Rondo of Blood.

Last edited:

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
I will have to send in my report when i get to the booth.....
will be sending Phone pics asap..when i walk up to playmore's booth* :multi_co:

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
I don't think that Sony's policy is only for 2D games. I heard that Sony forced Sega to release Virtua Fighter 4 Evo as a Greatest Hits title. I think Space Channel 5 Special edition had a similar result... Agetec got the go ahead only after packaging both titles in one and pricing it at $15 (great move I might add).

I think that SNKP will release a SamSho 5/SamSho 5 Special combo pack for the PS2. I also think that the Xbox will get the KOF 2K2/KOF 2K3 combo pack as well: I don't think Xbox owners would want it any other way. :cool: