Metal Slug 4

Mystic_flame

Zero's Tailor
I just got this game today. I beat it a few times over, but at the startup screen I see this hidden level. For the life of me I cant find the entrance to it. Can anyone offer some help?

Also I was playing that level with the dead people...At the beginning of that stage there is this crawler machine...Well I was trying to find out a tactic to get all the coins out of the light without getting hit. Does anyone know any?

I beat it like 4 times already. I just need to find all the hidden money, jewels, and prisoners.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Mystic_flame said:
I just got this game today. I beat it a few times over, but at the startup screen I see this hidden level. For the life of me I cant find the entrance to it. Can anyone offer some help? .

Heh, took me a while but I guess now I know what you're up to, you mean the branching path down the underground section of the first level that you see in the attract/demo mode, right?

Okay, in the first section of level 1 you will see a row of houses in the background. Right after the last house you'll face a sandbag barricade with a grunt and a tank behind it. Blast the barricade, kill the soldier and destroy the tank. Be careful, enemy grunts will also attack from behind.

The tank will leave a Rocket weapon upgrade behind. After destroying the tank, the Go! sign will start flashing. Now take a look at the bottom of the screen - do you see the wall there with a gap on the bottom right? Now move the stick to down-forward to crouch-walk into the branching path, voila, there's the underground level that directly leads to the level boss. It's a bit trickier than the main level path but it's also more fun, at the start of the underground section two scientists will appear that shot ape-darts on you that turn you into a monkey.

Btw., if you pick up the Rocket uprade you will have to go a few steps back to catch the opening to the branching path. If you want to go for score, skip the rockets, you will get another combo shield upgrade down there which gives you lots of points provided you don't get killed before the level ends.