Someone finally decided to get at Japhei and others...

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
Interesting auction. Although, all the information he speaks of is right here on this website... for free.

Seems kind of stupid.

Robert

20 Year Member
subcons said:
Interesting auction. Although, all the information he speaks of is right here on this website... for free.

Seems kind of stupid.

You take the words out my mouth. You can get the info for free here.

evo7_31

Geese's Thug
I thought he was going to list the info for free in his description.. just to get back at Japhei

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Hahahhahaha, what a loser.

Hmm, let me think, $4 for info from him, or free info from here? Choices, choices....

msu89dawgs

Hardened Shock Trooper
It will probably just be a link or a printed copy of the thread about how to ID a boot from this site. If dude was really interested in doing a service, he would put up a Dutch auction for like 100, at a penny each, so that a Japhei type couldn't just bid once and close the auction, and he would just include a link to the info on the auction page for free.

Still, I think it's good to have this info visible on E-Bay, since I doubt anyone who frequents this site would ever buy anything from Japhei or one of his clones. There just shouldn't be a $6 charge placed on it.

FormlessOne

Chin's Drinking Partner
Yea, this is probly lamer than what Japhei would pull. But then again at least you know you're getting scammed :rolleyes:

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I mis read that at first and though he was telling you how to make counterfeits lol

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
jesus some idiot prolly just cut and pasted a single post (more than one established memeber has started threads detailing all the posible signs of a bootleg...in a single post) from a member hear and is selling the printed copies at $4 a pop. he's prolly a rom whore too.

xRealNinjuzx

Astra Superstar
he would put up a Dutch auction for like 100, at a penny each

Then Japhei buys all 100 for a WHOLE HUGE BUCK! And then he gets to leave you all kinds of retarded legitimate negative feedback for whatever reason he decides. Good plan.

FormlessOne

Chin's Drinking Partner
I think whoever's dumb enough to win that should recieve a napkin that reads "And now you know."

Arakon Kaizen

Crazed MVS Addict
I don't believe the sellers intent is to actually sell the information. I think its there to make it visible to all the idiots who buy MVS games off ebay.

that's why he has the link to his site where you can read it for free.

He wants to educate the public, but he's got his bases covered by actually setting the price it would cost him to print the info in case someone actually does try to buy it (some ebay moron). It is a stipulation to sell things on ebay you must have a product else you do open yourself up to all kinds of negative feedback. Ebay is not a news service and they don't deal in free anything, not even information. So as long as it has a price tag on it, no matter how ludacris, it meets ebay standards.

Besides have you seen all those idiotic "this is information on how to get 'insert system name' at wholesale costs!!!" this is hardly worse than those.

slerch666

updyke,
One other thing you need to remember, is that not every person who plays Neo Geo games knows about this site. I mean, I remember being a n00b and not finding this site until 2-3 months after I started studying up on my options. I did it in a fashion unlike most people, however, as I made sure I knew what I was getting into before I bought anything.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
slerch666 said:
One other thing you need to remember, is that not every person who plays Neo Geo games knows about this site. I mean, I remember being a n00b and not finding this site until 2-3 months after I started studying up on my options. I did it in a fashion unlike most people, however, as I made sure I knew what I was getting into before I bought anything.

One other thing you need to remember, is that not every person who plays Neo Geo games knows about this site

Bingo..

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Arakon Kaizen said:
I don't believe the sellers intent is to actually sell the information. I think its there to make it visible to all the idiots who buy MVS games off ebay.

He wants to educate the public, but he's got his bases covered by actually setting the price it would cost him to print the info in case someone actually does try to buy it (some ebay moron). It is a stipulation to sell things on ebay you must have a product else you do open yourself up to all kinds of negative feedback. Ebay is not a news service and they don't deal in free anything, not even information. So as long as it has a price tag on it, no matter how ludacris, it meets ebay standards.

Besides have you seen all those idiotic "this is information on how to get 'insert system name' at wholesale costs!!!" this is hardly worse than those.

"I don't believe the sellers intent is to actually sell the information. I think its there to make it visible to all the idiots who buy MVS games off ebay.

He wants to educate the public, but he's got his bases covered by actually setting the price it would cost him to print the info in case someone actually does try to buy it (some ebay moron). It is a stipulation to sell things on ebay you must have a product else you do open yourself up to all kinds of negative feedback. Ebay is not a news service and they don't deal in free anything, not even information. So as long as it has a price tag on it, no matter how ludacris, it meets ebay standards".

.I think you may have nailed it..

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
(In General to the Topic))

Though it's none of my business..

I know the seller...
All I can say is he's not Happy with the Massive amount of Bootlegs,scammers on Ebay etc..

He knows what he's doing and he's not a scammer..He has a good reason for it..
I'd say anyone who's curious ..Email him like he says to do..

Last edited:

SHO

Raiden's Valet
hey don't forget the shipping fee! :idiot:

its really not that hard at all to spot a boot

very true... not everyone knows this site... i didn't come into this site until about 3 months after i got my neo

Robert

20 Year Member
slerch666 said:

Excatly what I wanted to say. Even if it sounds strange to me, you can be an hardcore neo fan and don't know www.neo-geo.com . I was buying neo games long before knowing this website.

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
Robert said:
Excatly what I wanted to say. Even if it sounds strange to me, you can be an hardcore neo fan and don't know www.neo-geo.com . I was buying neo games long before knowing this website.

What?! Who the hell would play on Neo Geo and wouldn't know the famous neo-geo.com? :loco:
Seriously, I think it's a little geek to sell infos like these but it's handy for the ones who aren't related with this site.