Is this a good price for a 4 slot mvs cab?

SpaceBoy

n00b
I'm a noob, so still not comfortable with knowing what's a good price or not... Esp. with cabinets, the price guide here on carts and stuff, def helps me get an idea in those areas. Couldn't find the same for the cabinets... (if anyone knows a good place for just an estimated value of stuff like that, let me know)

There is an auction for a 4 slot dedicated mvs neo cabinet on ebay, it's local pickup only... I've been contemplating it, since I'm in the market for a cab, however the seller hasn't answered the numerous emails I sent him, so I'm guessing there is something wrong with it, minus the crack in the marquee (figure I can replace that later)

Just looking at the price of a 4 slot board sperately, and the 4 games, seems like a good deal.

Can you guys look at the item and let me know what you think, and what the value is prob of it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13716&item=3287677000&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

If somebody else buys it, after seeing this, I'm ok with it :) else I wouldn't have listed it. Then again, I"m sure you guys scour ebay listings too, and found this already.

Thanks

Umm.. It seems I put this in the wrong forum, anyway a mod can move this into general discussion for me?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
eBay is not really a place to get deals on cabs, I bought my cab, which is the same type as that one listed at auction for 240 bid, and it was 290 after tax and fees, a friend of mine bought another one like it at a later auction for 260 bid, 310 after tax and fees.

In this case, that one can be picked up for you so that's a major selling point over most cabs on eBay. It's up to you, you can keep looking around and find a good deal, that price is pretty average though.

PS This should be in General not News.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
What's the condition of the monitor? That's my number one question. Notice the pic shows no pic on the screen? THAT worries me.

I'm in Rockford, and for a moment, thought about buying it myself. But that monitor better be in great shape for that price (IMHO).

Spike

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Spike Spiegel said:
What's the condition of the monitor? That's my number one question. Notice the pic shows no pic on the screen? THAT worries me.

I'm in Rockford, and for a moment, thought about buying it myself. But that monitor better be in great shape for that price (IMHO).

Spike

D'oh completely forgot to mention to make sure it works :emb: :D

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
Since it's local I'd go check it out. See how nice the monitor is and make sure it all works. If it's got the four games that he shows the mini's of that's not a bad deal.

SpaceBoy

n00b
The_Chosen_One said:
Since it's local I'd go check it out. See how nice the monitor is and make sure it all works. If it's got the four games that he shows the mini's of that's not a bad deal.

I would like to go check it out, but the guy hasn't answered my multiple emails. I'm thinking it's broke or something, and he's hoping somebody will bid without asking questions.. so he's ignoring emails. If I was selling something, I would def keep up with questions, to gain more interest.. (Although since it's a pickup, I wouldn't want to try to pass some broken down thing off, what if the other peson gets mad?!?)

So was wanting more an idea of whether or not it's worth throwing a bid in, come the end of the auction, if I haven't heard anything, and the price is still so low. I"m sure is reserve is close to his buy it now anyways, and now ay I'll pay that, unless I can check it out first.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
If the guy didn't talk about picture, show a pic of a game running, and won't reply to emails? Don't you find that a little fishy?

Usually, if the picture isn't pure crap, they say "GREATEST PICTURE ON EARTH!!1!!!1"

Which actually means "hey, the machine's old, but it doesn't have any really bad burn in or color fading that you will see right away".

This guy doesn't even state that. I would be worried. If I were to sell my cab right now, one of the first things that would come out of my mout would be "hey, the monitor's in great shape, and I'm an anal bastard".

I wouldn't even flinch until you hear more about it from him. Sure, you can replace the monitor, but why go through all that hassle? God knows what else may be wrong with it.

Spike

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
A machine of that age will more than likely need a new cap kit (series of capacitors) for the monitor. Having that done is in the area of $150. I have that exact machine and mine had never had caps replaced, and needed it.

I got my machine for $600 in an ever so slightly more rough condition than that one appears to be in, plus about 30 unique games and maybe about 10+ doubles that I was able to sell. Mostly 1st and 2nd gen titles, but there was also SS3, and the like as well. Even then, I probably paid a bit more than I should have at the time.

Buy local, and look for something a damn sight cheaper than that one.

oh! I know where that guy is at I think.... like a couple miles from my work...
*/me hops along to go molest the 4-slot*

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Man,that's a nice looking cab..Shoot..I'd bid that $490.00 on it if it was by me in a flash..

If I had to replace the monitor then I'd find one somewhere..

Just the internals if everything is working could rake in more then $490.00 ..
(memory card reader/board/Power Supply etc..

I'd throw a bid on it then go check t out if I won.. and if it's got problems..I'd either work a lower price or make a deal with the seller to just pay his listing fees and not buy it..

If he doen't get intouch then your not at fault..At least after you win you can get his contact/phone number.

((("Bidders"are welcome to stop by and view the game(s) in person, if desired..

(IMO)I don't think your going to find one in the local area (Pick Up)for less then $500.00..not like that cab....Full Side art/Memory Card Sticker etc.
a0_1_b.jpg

Last edited:
I can get his phone number weeehoooo.... one of 2 arcade/pinball places in Lisle.

both are way overpriced normally

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
That’s not a bad looking cab. If I were you I’d go and take a look at it and test play it. The seller should let you do this…if he does not don’t bid on it.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Looks pretty sweet - I'd definitely be on it if it were closer to me.

SpaceBoy

n00b
Haha. Thanks guys. I would gladly go look at it, but he won't email me back or anything. Unless I hear from him, I won't worry about it. I sorta wanted to wait until I moved which would be 2 months anyways.. Just saw it was local and figured it was a good deal..