SS0 Special is now out!!!

syringe

Banned
My interest in SS0S is muted at best so I think I'll wait until it hits the sub $200 range once the AES comes out. BTW does anyone know if it contains multilingual art sets despite being a japanese-only MVS release?

Last edited:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
WooooT just bought one... this is going to be uber rare.... better get one idiots! If you don't you will never get one! Woot... Mine is in the mail! Can't wait to play this game!

-Nick

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
buttasuperb said:
haha at that price. even if i was an arcade op i wouldn't buy it at that price.
uh... is that a typo?

that seems awefully high.

their other prices are very reasonable besides that.

†B†V†

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
nruva said:
WooooT just bought one... this is going to be uber rare.... better get one idiots! If you don't you will never get one! Woot... Mine is in the mail! Can't wait to play this game!

-Nick

I hate this fucking icon but whatever. :lol:

SuperMegaUltra

Geese's Thug
nruva said:
Woot, just bought one. This is going to be über-rare. Better get one, idiots! If you don't, you'll never get one! Woot, mine's in the mail! Can't wait to play this game!

Bling-Bling! Just picked up a copy, myself. Oh, and to all you'se stooges who don't have a copy by now: YOU'RE TOO LATE!! THEY'RE ALL TEH SOLD OUT!!

Suck0rz!! :loco: :loco: :loco:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Super Porky said:
$2235.00? Are they serious with that price? It's gotta be a typo.

I guess you've never seen MVS new release prices before, its not uncommon for a major release to be around 2 grand.

SuperMegaUltra

Geese's Thug
Hellsing said:
Hell, at this price I might buy two or three cases. :rolleyes:

Sorry, but you took too long dragging your feet; every single copy of Samurai Spirits Zero Special has been teh sold out!

However, I think TonK's begun selling some of his stock... At a modest increase, of course: a measly $30,000.00 (U.S.D.) per kit.

Don't wait any longer! Strike while the iron's hot! A stitch in time saves nine! Hype monkey! Hype monkey! Hype monkey! :mr_t:

P.S. Just kiddin', teh TonK. ;)

Neo-weirdo

Mr. Big's Thug
LMAO!!!! :lol: :lol:
$2235.00 !?!? They must of posted that yesterday while they were smoked up on weed

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
buttasuperb said:
Maybe a long while ago. SS5 was about $700 on release.

Yeah but SS5 really wasn't a major release, just like stuff like Zupapa, Sengoku 3, trying to think of others, SvC was 1800 on release and KOF2003 was over 2000 if I remember right.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
geekabilly said:
Wait....is this MVS or PCB/Jamma???... :spock:

It lists contents included as Cartrige so I'd have to believe its an MVS cartridge.

Makismo

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Paying over 2 grand for a game that is only slightly better than its predecessor is just plain dumb. If I was an arcade operator, I wouldn't dump over 2 grand just to get to have 4 or 5 more characters. It is basically the same game! Hell, I think that it is a major rip-off. Samurai Shodown 5 should have had all those things in the first place. I am wondering if there will even be an English home cartridge release.

Since the game wasn't even made to be sold in the United States, there may not even be an English mode at all. I know that Samurai Shodown 5 didn't have an English story mode but the title screen did come up as Samurai Shodown 5 instead of Samurai Spirits Zero. I am wondering if this game will only be displayable in Japanese mode like those Neo Geo Japanese quiz and Mahjong games. If that is the case, then there is no point at all having in an English release IMHO. We will see what happens.

Sundance

Sho's Rival
Yeah...i'll be waiting until it drops to at least 1/5th that price..ugh. But on the Plus side they have a nice price for a Metal Slug 5 MVS Kit. Yeah i know...small consolation..but for those of us that don't own MS5, thats a decent price. ;)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Just with regards to pricing this is taken from the NeoStore News archives

6/16//03 Preorders for the highly anticipated SNK vs Capcom (SVC Chaos) MVS kits are now open. Priced at $1850 each, shipping July 23rd.