Help Needed identify Fighting Game

SpaceBoy

n00b
Hello all.

I'm trying to remmber a fighting game I played on a mvs cabinet I"m 99.9% sure at a bowling alley back in highschool. I would put the year around 1995.

The only thing I remeber about the game, is one of the guys you had to fight like the 2nd or 3rd fight in I believe(I sucked) was a huge biker guy in a bar setting..

I would appreciate if anybody has any guesses.. I'm wantint to put it on my want list, but can't recall the name..

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
SpaceBoy said:
Hello all.

I'm trying to remmber a fighting game I played on a mvs cabinet I"m 99.9% sure at a bowling alley back in highschool. I would put the year around 1995.

The only thing I remeber about the game, is one of the guys you had to fight like the 2nd or 3rd fight in I believe(I sucked) was a huge biker guy in a bar setting..

I would appreciate if anybody has any guesses.. I'm wantint to put it on my want list, but can't recall the name..

Sounds like Art of Fighting 1.

aof0000.jpg

The second stage was Mac's Bar, where you had to fight Jack Turner.

Jack was also in Art of Fighting 2, but his stage BG was a street scene, and the order of the opponents was random.

Last edited:

Curt

apostate
Sounds almost like Final Fight (not neo), or maybe legend of success joe... theres a bar in that...

- Edit tsukaesugi Appears to be right

the.bet

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
100% ????

If you are sure it's Neo, I would say Art of Fighting, though the first thing that poped into my mind when you wrote "BAR SETTING" was Atari's Pit Fighter from 1991. If you are still unsure, post some graphic or gameplay details and I'm sure I or another member can identify the game. Regardless I think both games are worth owning. Cheers :)

Last edited:

SpaceBoy

n00b
tsukaesugi said:
Sounds like Art of Fighting 1.

aof0000.jpg

The second stage was Mac's Bar, where you had to fight Jack Turner.

Jack was also in Art of Fighting 2, but his stage BG was a street scene, and the order of the opponents was random.

Man you're good :multi_co: This was it, the pic sealed the deal too. I gotta put that on my to pick up list.. Compiling my list of all the games etc I need. I'm new to neo, and going to just get the cabinet, and all the boards at once, here in the next 1-3 months..

By the way, this site is great!

leGionellz

Pancho Villa is my Direct Ancestor,
Wow, I still remember how bad ass art of fighting looked to me as well...

Cool game

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
SpaceBoy said:
I gotta put that on my to pick up list.. Compiling my list of all the games etc I need. I'm new to neo, and going to just get the cabinet, and all the boards at once, here in the next 1-3 months..

By the way, this site is great!

wow, a newcomer who can appreciate one of the more difficult fighters the NEO has to offer...you sir, have my utmost respect

AOF 1 & 2 were always annoying in the difficulty department for me, but created some very memorable characters...

SpaceBoy

n00b
Kazuki Dash said:
wow, a newcomer who can appreciate one of the more difficult fighters the NEO has to offer...you sir, have my utmost respect

AOF 1 & 2 were always annoying in the difficulty department for me, but created some very memorable characters...

Thanks for the compliment. Yeah a friend and I poured money into it, I"m not sure how far I got, I remember the most money went to beating that dude in the bar scene.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
well the iffy control for AOF 1 sure doesn't help... :D
but the story progresses really nicely, especially when Ryo meets up with King (which I won't spoil in case you don't know about it)...

I played AOF 2 a little, but it wasn't until the AOF team made their debut in KOF 94 that I made an effort to really work on those characters...for that reason, anyone who consistently sticks with and excels in AOF 1 or 2 deserves respect IMHO...