AES to MVS converter

does anyone have any idea where i could by a MVS to AES converter to use on my super nova, or if it would even be possible to create one? please respond someone!

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I think it would be easier to just buy the games on mvs. They're cheaper and easier to find.

Nice avatar by the way.

Arcade 14

Overtop Pathfinder
wouldnt make any sense, if you wanna play the more expensive aes games by an aes system.

Dojang Jon

Rugal's Thug
Yeah go with MVS... Ispent $240 on a 4slot, $20 on tools, will spend about $150 on wiring/adapters/joysticks/buttons/fuses/, have to spend more on the wood for the control panel and even more for soldering supplies, but I know it will be worth it because the MVS carts are dirt cheap compared to AES, whereas AES are either hundreds of $, or boots.

sorry bout that magnaflux.... ill change my avatar.
the reason i want to play AES carts, is because from what i understand SNK is focusing more on home consoles than arcade games, which could possibly mean MVS carts will become extinct. and obviously i want to be able to play the newest upcoming games (kof 2004 anyone?) so im just wondering if it would be possible to creat an adapter for my MVS .

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
kidwitsupernova said:
the reason i want to play AES carts, is because from what i understand SNK is focusing more on home consoles than arcade games, which could possibly mean MVS carts will become extinct. and obviously i want to be able to play the newest upcoming games (kof 2004 anyone?) so im just wondering if it would be possible to creat an adapter for my MVS .

You obviously need to learn a thing or two about where AES software comes from.

Dojang Jon

Rugal's Thug
do some research you sound pretty ignorant (don't take this the wrong way): SNK definitely has a BIG focus on arcades, they still churn out MV-1C boards but no new AES consoles, my prayers are that they get the ambition to make another MVS (but it wont happen soon). KOF2004 is gonna be on Sammy's Atomiswave under a joint agreement. The new arcade hardware is gonaa do stuff. The AES could never support those games.

well fine, ill just find out my answer else where. seeing how no one seems to know, or just dont care to answer. I say that SNK's focus is not on arcades anymore, seeing as how the write up at gamespot.com claims otherwise. (straight from the mouth of an SNK representative)
obviously MVS is cheaper, but maybe for once I would like to purchase a neogeo game from a local collector's shop instead of from Ebay, or somewhere that i have no gaurantee that i will really even get what they claim to be sending (missmatched marquees, screwed up sound, noncompatibilty with my original MVS board etc.)
sorry for bothering to ask a simple question.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
kidwitsupernova said:
well fine, ill just find out my answer else where. seeing how no one seems to know, or just dont care to answer. I say that SNK's focus is not on arcades anymore, seeing as how the write up at gamespot.com claims otherwise. (straight from the mouth of an SNK representative)
obviously MVS is cheaper, but maybe for once I would like to purchase a neogeo game from a local collector's shop instead of from Ebay, or somewhere that i have no gaurantee that i will really even get what they claim to be sending (missmatched marquees, screwed up sound, noncompatibilty with my original MVS board etc.)

Moving the focus from arcades means to next gen systems, not the Neo Geo home system.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
kidwitsupernova said:

The problem is that you have all your facts messed up. People answered you sufficiently. The only reason you think you got bad answers is cause you clearly don't know the first thing about this system. You can't recognize a good answer to your question.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
kidwitsupernova said:

First off, there are no upcoming games for the AES/MVS, everything from here on will be on Sammy's Atomiswave system. Second, If an MVS cart is incompatible with your board, so will an AES equivelent. AES carts use the same chips as MVS carts. The incompatibility lies in your motherboard, not the game cartridge itself.

thanks to resoglas, i now have an answer to a simple question that you apes could not conceive, im very glad that i didn't plan to be a permanent member in the first place, because if i was, I would have been very dissapointed to find that this message board is quite like others, full of obnoxious fat kids living in there parents basements playing the latest fighting game hoping to one day win the praise of every obese chick at your local arcade scene. ........HAHA

Chao,
thanks again resoglas
---
/{ } \
| |
| |
__ __ | | __
/ \/ \| |/ \
| |
\ /
| |

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
kidwitsupernova said:
thanks to resoglas, i now have an answer to a simple question that you apes could not conceive, im very glad that i didn't plan to be a permanent member in the first place, because if i was, I would have been very dissapointed to find that this message board is quite like others, full of obnoxious fat kids living in there parents basements playing the latest fighting game hoping to one day win the praise of every obese chick at your local arcade scene. ........HAHA

Chao,
thanks again resoglas
---
/{ } \
| |
| |
__ __ | | __
/ \/ \| |/ \
| |
\ /
| |

Ehhhhh .... alright man, take it easy :confused:. Cool flippin' the bird thingie anyways :).