So according to Gamespot...

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/04/19/news_6093896.html

KOF03 May 14th? Isn't our boy shawn all ready carrying these bad boys? I do like the fact that we have reliable source for the SS0S homecart release now.

Final NeoGeo game to be released in July

Samurai Spirits Zero Special will be the final game for the venerable arcade format.
TOKYO—According to retailers in Japan, SNKNeoGeo will release its final two home cartridge games for the NeoGeo in the upcoming months. The King of Fighters 2003 will be released on May 14, followed by Samurai Spirits Zero Special on July 15. Both cartridges will be retailed at 41,790 yen ($385), and will be produced only in a limited run, so retailers recommend customers pre-order the games.

The King Of Fighters 2003 has been operating in arcades since last December. The game featured a new tag-team system, and a new storyline featuring a main character that fights by using green flames. Samurai Spirits Zero Special is based on Samurai Spirits Zero with a number of minor adjustments, and the addition of historical bosses as playable characters. Samurai Spirits Zero Special is scheduled to hit arcades in Japan on April 22.

After Samurai Spirits Zero Special, SNK NeoGeo will release its arcade games on Sammy’s Atomiswave platform. Just as SNK NeoGeo released home cartridges a few months after their launch in arcades, games released on the Atomiswave will be ported to home consoles after a similar delay.

By Hirohiko Niizumi -- GameSpot
POSTED: 04/19/04 06:34PM PST

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
xtoo_short20x said:
They either made a mistake, or are misinformed.

Alas, the almighty Gamespot is not impervious to the deleterious effects of mass market mag whorism. OK, so they weren't almighty to begin with, so fuckin' sue me :mr_t:

snesaes

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Didn't Gamespot make that "20 Overrated games of All-Time" article and made total jackasses of themselves? That Greg Kasavinn.....

dbarrett0928

Banned
neo geo

When it comes to discussion of the neo, there arent many reliable sources out there...I can guarantee that 8 out of 10 people period that play games do not know what a neo geo is! Hopefully mancigames gets really popular worldwide and will clear this up for us!

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
snesaes said:
Didn't Gamespot make that "20 Overrated games of All-Time" article and made total jackasses of themselves? That Greg Kasavinn.....

I never saw that one - but it sounds interesting. Got a link for it?

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
snesaes said:

I remember they did a piece with the "Best Games Ever". Greg picked Samurai Shodown II...

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Kristian Meller said:
I remember they did a piece with the "Best Games Ever". Greg picked Samurai Shodown II...

I can respect that.

Hellsing

B. Jenet's Firstmate
dbarrett0928 said:
When it comes to discussion of the neo, there arent many reliable sources out there...I can guarantee that 8 out of 10 people period that play games do not know what a neo geo is! Hopefully mancigames gets really popular worldwide and will clear this up for us!
I think that numer is alot higher then that. Maybe 49 out of 50 or higher. Back when the neo was new and in arcades everywhere most people never heard of the home system.

snesaes

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
galfordo said:
I never saw that one - but it sounds interesting. Got a link for it?

I'll try and find it for you. They made it like a year ago, but I'll look around for it.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
snesaes said:
I'll try and find it for you. They made it like a year ago, but I'll look around for it.

Cool .... I'd love to see it.