Kof 99 Dream match....

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
The one that was on DC.....

Just wondering: is there any incentive to save your data on a card besides saving your score?

And do you get better endings when finishing the game on a harder level?

Just some things I've never bothered to figure out.....thnx n advance...

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
There might have been benefits to saving relating to your saved game on NGPC KOF R-2 (if you have the link cable), but I forget what they would have been. As for endings, there are final pictures you can see if you finish with certain combinations of characters, but no better ending. It doesn't matter what level you play on.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
I'd have gotten to this thing earlier if not for password problems...

For Dreammatch '99 on DC you're getting the same endings as the Neo Cart versions.

Exclusions from the game are the intro to fight system screens (Explaining the Advanced and Expert modes).

The backgrounds no longer look as nice as the pictures of the Cart versions...the 3d backgrounds make it look too edgy....

There's also a comprimise in selecting character color palletes. You press A for default, and combinations of other buttons with A for other colors. (XA, YA, BA, XYA, etc) Something that's annoying if you have a color pallete preference for a character.

Other than that, the only real incentives to it are price, saving your round (by loosing, but good if you have a favorite team to go up against.), and using KOF R-2 to unlock Pocket characters and abilities, and see the art gallery on the DC disc.

Hope this helps out, Spoonman.
--KagerouSama

Despair

Crazed MVS Addict
Who are all the strikers u can get besides

Chizuru Kagura
Kyo SP
Athena SP
Ryuji Yamazaki
Billy Kane
Goro Daimon
Seth Vanessa
while there are two other character s I dont know of some sicentist lookin dork and some pilot lookin person but are there anyone else u can get

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
Originally Posted by Dispair
Who are all the strikers u can get besides

Chizuru Kagura
Kyo SP
Athena SP
Ryuji Yamazaki
Billy Kane
Goro Daimon
Seth Vanessa
while there are two other character s I dont know of some sicentist lookin dork and some pilot lookin person but are there anyone else u can get.

The "scientist looking dork," as you put it, is Fio from the Metal Slug series. The "pilot lookin' person," is Alfred from Real Bout Fatal Fury 2, and Real Bout Dominated Mind. The other characters as strikers are Syo and Gai, which become unlockable after 50 hours of play.

Other than that, wrong game buddy! :D
There aren't strikers in KOF '99 Dreammatch. (It's the actual KOF '98. There's character assist during a dizzy or a corner-trap.)

The game your thinking of is KOF Evolution, the official DC release of KOF '99.

Despair

Crazed MVS Addict
I get those confused sometimes but I knew that one guy was from RB and I'm glad I knew were gai orginated from since i first saw him in 00

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
It's really easy to confuse the two, especially with the '99 found on both covers. Easy mistake.

Gai's originally from Buriki One, though. It'd be kinda' cool to see a Buriki team show up in future KOFs though...

--KagerouSama

Note to self: I seem to be using the word, "though" too much......