northeast meet anyone?

Mr NeoGeo

n00b
Would anyone be up to having a meet in the northeast? Im in Mass, anyone else near me? Lets do it up!!!

Mr NeoGeo

n00b
lets see how many people we can get together. I would like to have at least 10. Pm me electroman when u get a chance!

Freelancer

Banned
I'm up for a meet sometime, provided my work schedule allows for it.
Where would the meet be? At someone's place or at a nearby arcade?

Average Joe #2

Crazed MVS Addict
I'll take it into consideration.

Unfortunately I haven't been in the most social of moods lately, and I'm in the process of getting a new truck (currently "borrowing" my fathers), so those two conflicts combined may persuade me to skip this.

But who knows, I may be up for it.

Dallas_Five

Terry Bogard's Taylor
I suggest meeting at Good TImes in Somerville. The positives: fairly central location, good overall selection of games, OK Neo selection, and beer.

Sure the cabs are shitty (one had mold growing on it the last time i was there) but it's a good neutral site where it's not too sketchy to go and meet some peeps. Before i invited anyone over to my house i think i'd make sure there weren't any man-rapists or smelly hippies in the group.

Damn, that reminds me...i gotta take a shower...

Mr NeoGeo

n00b
Official Mass Meeting News

I decided that it would be easiest to have the meeting In May. The last Saturday in May seems to be the tentative date. The location (my place) is in Sutton, MA. Easily accessed of the Mass Pike, 295,495,290,190. Im about 15 mins from any of those highways. I am making this rsvp. PM me to get all the nesessary info like directions, time, etc. Lets make the first Neo Nor'easter a biggie.
thanks guys

So now its the last Saturday in May, not the first saturday as the other thread says?

Well that's fine anyway, it would give more time to plan. 2 weeks is too short to plan for this.

Yes Formlessone and I are like 40 min apart too.

Meeting at someone's house (Mr. neo geo) or at an arcade... I don't care really. As long as there are games to play. I'm interested in meeting the faces behind the names as well as understanding how you guys play fighters, techniques, etc.

Suragu

Quiz Detective
I'm interested too... I live in Northampton, Ma. I've never had the opportunity to hang out with other neo fans. It's fairly intimidating since I suck at fighters :spock:

Also, I'm going to be at the Wizard Con In Philly the weekend of the 21st-23rd. I'll have a table in artist alley if anyone wants to drop by and chat neo stuff. My table will be the one with the robot posters and books.

ajsega

Armored Scrum Object
Sounds awesome. Hopefully this will happen because the last one that was being put together fell apart in the end. I live in Seekonk, MA so it is not to far away for me.

FormlessOne

Chin's Drinking Partner
ajsega said:
Sounds awesome. Hopefully this will happen because the last one that was being put together fell apart in the end. I live in Seekonk, MA so it is not to far away for me.
I stand corrected

I say lets totally do this fellas! :buttrock:

I'm serious, when is the next time this is ever gonna happen? When was the last time we had a NE USA meet? Since the year that I've been a member here, its been NEVER.

My suggestions:
I vote that everyone bring 1 different NGH homecart to play. What they choose to bring is up to them. If you decide to bring a homecart, please list what it is.

I can offer to bring 1 of the following: MOTW, LB1, LB2, SS2, KOF 98

Does anyone care to bring any other fighters? I'd love to play the likes of KOF2003, Matrimelee, or others.