Should I get this?

MR2pilot

n00b
I saw a 2 slot Neo Geo MVS cab in good condidtion in needing a new power cord for 250 dollars. Should I hit this or not?

I hate to say it but, its damn tempting.

edit: wrong forum please move.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Got a link? Is it dedicated? If so that's a damn good deal if its in good shape.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
dude - give us some pics to work with :).

firebomber

Astra Superstar
If it's in real good condition that's a nice deal whether it's a conversion or not. If it's dedicated I would jump all over that if I were you.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Sounds like a good deal.....Pics/link and more info would help..

A "2 slot" for $250.00 is really good price to pay..

It's in good condition as you said..But does it work..?
Monitor,board etc.......
Does it come with any games..?

((in needing a new power cord ))
.Does it have one to at least be able to see the cab working..?

MR2pilot

n00b
First no pics mostly because 1. I don't have a digicam and 2. I'm finding my cash is missing because of the MR2 and Neo Geo funds.

Yes its a dedicated cab that I found at a comic book store. It has baseball stars and one other game I can't think of. I do not know about the monitors conditon right now is its sitting in back turned off with a for sale sign on it.

Still it sounds like a good deal....

lill-c

Dodgeball Yakuza
If you don't have a cab now and want one get it. I payed $200 for a dedicated 4 slot that had a bad monitor that I brought back to life for $150 and it needed a power supply. I fixed the 4 slot board but got another one ( No need to beat that DEAD HORSE) and finaly got a working 4 slot and its been running every day. So if it needs some work and you are willing to do it buy it it will be worth it no mater how much you pay or put into it.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
lill-c said:
If you don't have a cab now and want one get it. I payed $200 for a dedicated 4 slot that had a bad monitor that I brought back to life for $150 and it needed a power supply. I fixed the 4 slot board but got another one ( No need to beat that DEAD HORSE) and finaly got a working 4 slot and its been running every day. So if it needs some work and you are willing to do it buy it it will be worth it no mater how much you pay or put into it.

Well said lill-c ...:buttrock:

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
I'm sure they would let you try it out first...

That's a damn good deal. I would get it without thinking twice.

dbarrett0928

Banned
IMO

I say go for it...a couple months ago i dropped $800 on a dediacted 2 slot so your getting a great deal!

MR2pilot

n00b
I'll say this, its very tempting right now. Although my apartment doesn't offer alot to work with space wise. ONe solution I would be to put it in the walk in closet and have it there (that way if I'm too lazy to walk out to the living room and use the AES I can go to the closet and play. :) ). If I do decide to get it I will probally use it for the more expensive Neo games that are a bit pricy on the AES.

I dunno a part of me is saying be reasonable about it and consider spacing, moving charges and crap like that and another part of me says go for it.

BoriquaSNK

His Excellency BoriquaSNK,, The Ambassador of Appl
15 Year Member
Moving = $40 for dolly and a Uhaul

DO IT BRUDDA

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
MR2pilot said:
I'll say this, its very tempting right now. Although my apartment doesn't offer alot to work with space wise. ONe solution I would be to put it in the walk in closet and have it there (that way if I'm too lazy to walk out to the living room and use the AES I can go to the closet and play. :) ). If I do decide to get it I will probally use it for the more expensive Neo games that are a bit pricy on the AES.

I dunno a part of me is saying be reasonable about it and consider spacing, moving charges and crap like that and another part of me says go for it.

You'll never be sorry that you bought it..I can tell you that much..

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I'd put the cab in the living room, and would have the AES in the bedroom. Of course, if you've got a wife, that could present a problem :D.

Sundance

Sho's Rival
MR2pilot said:

Careful! If you go in there you may never come outta the closet. Buh dump dump! (Typical closet Neo Geo player).

the.bet

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
If

If you or a friend can replace that power cord, I say buy and play on that 2-slot!

Personally, I paid a few more bucks than I had liked to, in order to have a stranger come out and repair a stearing wheel on an old school Demolition Derby arcade game. Pro help isn't cheap, keep that in mind.

Imo: The pinball/arcade/vending guys are cool when you are buying bulk mvs carts that don't earn for them anymore, but are taxmen if you ever need hands on help.
Good Luck :)

P.S. Pm me if you know of reasonable help in MN.

Curt

apostate
You should be careful, It could be an evil cab...

It will kill you and your games in your sleep!!!

Q

qube

Whoa shit. Someone else who lives in Omaha :eek:

Unfortunatly I live there too at the moment :(

Crazyness

Q-

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
MR2pilot said:
I finally bought a cab a few months back and went through the same doubts prior to buying it. Once I got it, hooked it up and started playing, it was the exact same feeling as when I first got an AES -- it seemed like a big chunk of money to spend on one thing, but I haven't regretted it for one second. Actually, it's not the exact same... the cab is better.

MR2pilot

n00b
Well I made up my mind. I decided not to get the cab. Right now I'm in the process of getting a MR2 Turbo located in the Boston area (hopefully). That being said having a small realivly unknown yet fast car out weighs having an MVS.

Now if I had the car already then yes I would hit that MVS.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
MR2pilot said:
Well I made up my mind. I decided not to get the cab.

/cues cute chick in horror movie

NNOooooooOoooOoooo!!!!!!!!!!!

/chick gets chef's knife in the face