Sound cuts out?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Wondering if you guys might have any ideas why my sound on my Neo might be randomly cutting out, I'm never really around when it happens so I can't say for sure what's going on.

Also I need to find two locks to buy that came originally on the US Neo 4 slot coin doors.

Thanks.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
lithy said:
Wondering if you guys might have any ideas why my sound on my Neo might be randomly cutting out, I'm never really around when it happens so I can't say for sure what's going on.

Also I need to find two locks to buy that came originally on the US Neo 4 slot coin doors.

Thanks.

I found matching to the coin door locks at Home Depot..

Sound goes out when certain MVS carts are mixed up together..

Two carts that I have this problem with is NEO GEO CUP 98 & KOF 01..

If I put either of them in one of my cabs mixed in with certain other games the sound will go out in the whole cab usually after the second demo cycles around..

Boots cause that too..

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Ok thanks, no boots, have Bust a Move, Slug 3, SvC, and NTM in there right now. getting a couple more soon maybe I'll pop something else in and see if that fixes it.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
lithy said:
Ok thanks, no boots, have Bust a Move, Slug 3, SvC, and NTM in there right now. getting a couple more soon maybe I'll pop something else in and see if that fixes it.

Oh,,I've had this happen once with a Two EPROM Bust A Move (in Candy)..though I thought it was another cart causing it..
it was the BAM..

I took it out and never gave it a second thought..
........I was changing carts.
I put it in the Big Red and the sound went out in the cab as soon as it I went to play it.
I cleaned the BAMs connectors and put it in the big red with other games and it worked fine.
So it may have just been dirty....I never mixed it with the Games in the Candy again.

My MOTW cart did this a few days ago after popping it in the big Red..

I left the cab running ...walked away,..came back 5-10 minutes later and the sound was out in the whole cab running through demos.

I knew it was being caused by the MOTW because everything else was already in the cab...and this was the only game I changed.

I took the cart out and cleaned the connections real good..That solved that problem..I never had a problem like that with MOTW.

The NEO CUP 98 and KOF 01 give me problems when mixed with certain games..no matter how clean they are.

Try mixing the carts in different slots..if you let the games cycle through twice the sound will usually go out at the problem game..