Metal slug, original AES or conversion?

pixa

n00b
Can someone tell me if this metal slug is a real aes version or a conversion? And why?
Thank you :)
DCP_0028.JPG

DCP_0029.JPG

DCP_0030.JPG

DCP_0031.JPG

DCP_0032.JPG

pixa

n00b
Hum i have opened a super side kicks 2 aes jap cart, the soldering have nearly the same looking... (and i m sure sidekicks 2 is not a conversion ;-): soldered points are a bit darker than other points with no chips.
Then i have the box, the cover (which really looks like a real one) and the manual (i think it s true too)
Now... i don t know... if it s a fake, i think it s good, but maybe someone car give me more proofs it s a fake or a real aes game^^

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I can't really see any non-factory soldering - could you guys point out where you think it is (which picture, etc.)?

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
galfordo said:
I can't really see any non-factory soldering - could you guys point out where you think it is (which picture, etc.)?
The darker solder points, look like they were done by hand. The brighter solder points, nice round dollups, are factory done.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Big Shady said:
The darker solder points, look like they were done by hand. The brighter solder points, nice round dollups, are factory done.

Ok - I think I see what you guys mean.

pixa

n00b
And with these pics?
Dark points become bright and bright become dark, it depends on the angle i take the pics...
DCP_0034.JPG

DCP_0033.JPG

pixa

n00b
On the first pics, bright points are not soldered to anything... only dark points are soldered to a wire...

leGionellz

Pancho Villa is my Direct Ancestor,
I'd be sure to say that's a conversion.

But I guess you didn't pay $1300 for it, right ?

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
leGionellz said:
I'd be sure to say that's a conversion.

But I guess you didn't pay $1300 for it, right ?

1) He might spend $1300 for conversion

or

2) He tries to sell conversion as legit

:glee: :glee: :glee: :glee: :glee:

pixa

n00b
I payed. But seller give my money back if i m not satisfied.
That s why i want to be sure it is or it is not a conversion :spock:

pixa

n00b
supergoose79 said:
or

3) He is using a fake account

4/ I have bought it and i want to know if it s a fake and then ask my money back or if it s a real one and keep it...
I need some help :spock: :spock: :oh_no:

leGionellz

Pancho Villa is my Direct Ancestor,
Wow, NGF France prints nice manuals and inserts these days :oh_no:

pixa

n00b
Thank you for this link... but now, i still do not know what to think about my game :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

sonofx51

If you're even THINKING about TRADING with this us
did you compare the insert and manual quality with that of your other AES games, it should be quite easy to tell the difference with the inserts.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
At second look, it might legit. I mis-stated about those solder points. Anyone else have an opinion after more pics?

pixa

n00b
Sure, i have done it.
It is the same quality. But maybe it s a conversion with a real manual and real cover( ok that s not really probable)
But when i check with this page, given by supergoose79, ( http://membres.lycos.fr/fckt/link.html ), i found these mistakes... i read the topic, and some guys says it s a fake, some guys say it s possible to see these lacks... there s a green and a white rom too, like for chucky's slug... at the beginning they say it s a convert, and then they say it s possible...
So i m a bit :loco: Real slug, fake slug... No answer for the moment

pixa

n00b
Big Shady said:
At second look, it might legit. I mis-stated about those solder points. Anyone else have an opinion after more pics?
If you want more pic just ask me what you need to help me (except sending you the game to see it by your own eyes :D )

pixa

n00b
I go to bed... maybe night will bring me some good advices :rolleyes:
But if anyone have an idea about my problem, just tell me... i m waiting for all your opinions ^^

Wolf

Collectasaurus,
20 Year Member
It's not uncommon for Slug 1 to have different color boards.

I can't comment on the soldering though