real or scam on ebay

jp.

Angel's Love Slave
You know that Japhei guy we keep talking about?

Yeah, thats him.

Herzog Drei

Ace Ghost Pilot
If you REALLY want to know it-just use the search function,put in "Japhei" and "scam" and...

..well,see for yourself.:smirk:

Last edited:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
scam - verb. 1. see
caroles-collectibles. 2. see Japhei

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
fatal fury fan #2 said:
Damn i just bid on that... :very_ang:

Are you sure it's the same seller..I don't see any..

Bidding history (Highest bids first)
If you and another bidder placed the same bid amount, the earlier bid takes priority
There were no earlier bidders.

Bid retraction and cancellation history
There are no bid retractions or cancellations.

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
The thing I can't understand is that:

Caroles-collectibles: POWER SELLER

Feedback Score: 4910
Positive Feedback: 99.7%

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Tristesse said:
The thing I can't understand is that:

Caroles-collectibles: POWER SELLER

Feedback Score: 4910
Positive Feedback: 99.7%
If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say it's because the majority of his customers either (a) don't know they're getting a bootleg but find the prices attractive, (b) don't care they're getting a bootleg because they find the prices attractive, or (c) they neither know nor would they care if they did (I don't bother looking over Japhei's auctions, so I don't know if his stuff is relatively inexpensive or not -- I'm simply assuming it must be, or else he'd sell far less than he does).

My guess is based on what I see from the R-2 DVD booth I operate at anime convention dealers rooms. The current generation of American anime fans (ages 13-17 -- comprising the majority of those I see at cons), for the most part, don't care if what they're buying is a bootleg as long as it's cheap (a number of them would avoid bootlegs if they could, but they simply don't know how to tell them from the real deal).

--Chris

BAOBOY

New Challenger
Dash no Chris said:
If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say it's because the majority of his customers either (a) don't know they're getting a bootleg but find the prices attractive, (b) don't care they're getting a bootleg because they find the prices attractive, or (c) they neither know nor would they care if they did (I don't bother looking over Japhei's auctions, so I don't know if his stuff is relatively inexpensive or not -- I'm simply assuming it must be, or else he'd sell far less than he does).

My guess is based on what I see from the R-2 DVD booth I operate at anime convention dealers rooms. The current generation of American anime fans (ages 13-17 -- comprising the majority of those I see at cons), for the most part, don't care if what they're buying is a bootleg as long as it's cheap (a number of them would avoid bootlegs if they could, but they simply don't know how to tell them from the real deal).

--Chris

100% True and well said :buttrock:

xolik

Kuroko's Training Dummy
jp. said:
You know that Japhei guy we keep talking about?

Yeah, thats him.

If there is only one thing I've learned since joining up with this board, it is to avoid this Japhei creep at all costs.

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
Dash no Chris said:

--Chris

Ok, what you describe is the fact that Japhei is a bootlegger, well. But many people say he's a THIEF, which means he gets money but never sends the item, what seem to be completly wrong.
It's their own problem if people want to get a boot but 4900 of feedback if he'd keep the money without sending the item, let me laugh about the hazard theory...

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Tristesse said:
Ok, what you describe is the fact that Japhei is a bootlegger, well. But many people say he's a THIEF, which means he gets money but never sends the item, what seem to be completly wrong.
It's their own problem if people want to get a boot but 4900 of feedback if he'd keep the money without sending the item, let me laugh about the hazard theory...
Yeah, the thievery is another matter altogether. With the reputation he has at n-g.com just for theft, I'd expect to see more "sent payment, never received merchandise, no replies to my refund request" negatives in his profile. I really can't offer even a guess as to why there aren't more of those. Perhaps the theft scams are primarily done privately, via chat, email, PM, rather than on eBay?

--Chris

slerch666

updyke,
Dash no Chris said:
Perhaps the theft scams are primarily done privately, via chat, email, PM, rather than on eBay?

--Chris
You hit the nail on the head. Japhei's eBay reputation is precious to him and this is where his deals that actually go through are done because he doesn't want ANY negative feedback. This, of course, is probably an attempt on his part to have you get something off of eBay from him, then make a deal outside of eBay so that he can keep your $$$ and not have any real repercussions.

And I agree with you on the bootleg Anime thing. I may not buy many R2 DVDs, but all of my DVDs are originals, be it the ridiculous amount of R1 DVDs I have or the 10-20 R2s I have.

Q

qube

Not that it needs to be said again, but yeah John, stay away ;)

Marq