Why Does Everybody Hate World Heroes?

THE FURY

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I love the world heroes series,dunno why everybody bags it,its very fun yet simple 2 play,i spent quite a few dollars on it in the arcade,who else likes it? hates it?

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
I hated it back in the day as it was a poor rip off off Street fighter 2,

But many years later I played and loved it. Death match mode makes this game as well as graphics and a solid character line up.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I'm not a huge fan of the series - the gameplay seems painfully slow and unrealistic to me. Also, the hit reactions seem off, and the game just seems sort of derivative.

Mostly it's the sluggish and uninspiring gameplay that ruins it for me.

Hellsing

B. Jenet's Firstmate
It was the sluggish control and slow game play that turned me off. Had nice graphics in there special moves I will give it that.

Last edited:

SHO

Raiden's Valet
i think it is a cool game... nothing to get excited about tho

DXMachina

Ninja Combat Warrior
Wait...You know there was this exact thread on the main page like...Yesterday?

Temjin

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Havent played any World Heroes games in years, but I remember them as being great. When WH2 came out I loved it, with the death match mode and that viking guy..hehe Im from sweden so I have to love vikings!:P

Alkanan

Sakura's Bank Manager
I love the game for the deathmatch levels and the sheer nostalgia factor. (I remember playing it when I was 7 in Port Island, Kobe at the local monorail station, next to shimin hospital)

Other than that, I've been too spoiled from so many other Neo-Geo jewels that the game just doesn't keep my wang hard anymore.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
This must be the third or fourth 'Why does everyone hate World Heroes?' thread to pop up in the last twelve months.

It's one of those perpetual noobie questions like 'Which is your favourite KOF?', 'Is Carole's Collectables a good seller?' or everyone's favourite 'Will a Japanese Cart play on my English AES?'

Because it sucks, 96, no, and yes it will.

Temjin

B. Jenet's Firstmate
N00b threads rewl!!!!!!
mrt2.gif

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
No blind hatred for teh WH series here. In fact, WH2 is the game that got me into the Neo Geo. Back in junior high my arcade was an Aladdin's Castle about 5 minutes from my house. Inside was Street Fighter II, Mortal Kombat and others...all in there original cabs, but it was the 50-inch screen with the WH2 in-game demo that caught my eye.

The following year WH2 came was ported to the SNES. Sure it was an inferior port, but for me it was sheer home-arcade bliss.

:drool:

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
I like and have always liked the world heroes series. Even part one. The death matches are cool.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
World Heroes is a POS game series is why. 2-JET was probably the only one worth a damn, but that's not saying much. It had some funky characters and just was an uninspiried VS FIGHTING experience in light of better SF II clones of the time. I'm glad there are still people who like it though. They're more than a few in these parts who like it too. I'd rather play the Breakers games or even Fighter's History series over WH.

MERCENARY X99

Pep

Genjuro's Frog
20 Year Member
tsukaesugi said:
This must be the third or fourth 'Why does everyone hate World Heroes?' thread to pop up in the last twelve months.

It's one of those perpetual noobie questions like 'Which is your favourite KOF?', 'Is Carole's Collectables a good seller?' or everyone's favourite 'Will a Japanese Cart play on my English AES?'

Because it sucks, 96, no, and yes it will.

He doesn’t mean what he said, because deep in his heart he loves the WH series and he loves talking about them.

WH1 was bad even when it was released. WH2 was a great improvement over its predecessor and it’s still nice. WHJet, well more of the same, but now looks very updated, then we got WHP (best version in CD), which I like a lot and is the best IMHO, next to it WHJet feels like it runs at half speed.

I still hope one day I can see some classic WH characters in a KOF game or something.

BTW: yeah 96 is the best KOF

Steve

The Wonder Years,
World Heroes franchise was one of those things, I'm a firm believer, where you just HAD to grow up on it... otherwise, you'll never appreciate it. In fact, even IF you DID grow up playing it, you still obviously won't appreciate it, not all of you.

What can I say -- I loved it from the get-go, my best friend was also crazy for it, and I seriously like the whole she-bang of it all.

Sue me.

I'll enjoy them, leave me alone :loco:

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Pep said:
He doesn't mean what he said, because deep in his heart he loves the WH series and he loves talking about them.

I will admit to a soft spot in my heart for World Heroes.

Nice to see you posting again, where have you been recently?

xolik

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I don't hate World Heroes. The first one was nice, but so far World Heroes Jet is my favorite. (But only because I haven't played 'Perfect' yet!)

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Well,

I think that this series is alright, I own WH2 Jet & WH Perfect just so I can play as Mudman & the Bruce Lee character :smirk: . I think it is a fun game and the some of the moves & sounds are hilarious.

Wing Nut

Mr. Big's Thug
Ha ha. Looks like little homeboy took a mean marker to that fridge. Better it than the candy cab I suppose...

The WH series rules, by the way.

Hidden Character

Leader of The Hyperstone Heist,
20 Year Member
I don't hate it persay, I just find it rather aggravating at times esp. WH2. Now Jet on the other is ok to me.